door question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : door question

BBayWill
10-22-2007, 07:51 PM
well yet again another problem with the GA , but its a first car so what am I going to do.

This has been a problem since i bought the car and now the drivers side door is starting to do the same

Problem: when the passenger side door is opened it drops almost a inch and scraps against the body and makes a awful grind noise.
and now today after i got out of my car a school the driver's side shut hard and i was kinda worried. So if anyone else has had this problem please give me a shout, and if anyone else knows how to fix this, that info would be great

thanks,

WILL

WeibSunder
10-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Sounds to me like your door hinges are worn out. And as for your drivers door shutting hard, I think that because your passenger isn't sealing good, it's making your driver door not sealing. It's just like shutting your door with the other door open if anyone knows what I'm talking about. Not enough pressure inside the car to keep your door from slamming.

Bryan
10-22-2007, 08:28 PM
It seems like that could be easily diagnosed by slowly opening the door and watching the hinges. Spot the problem and pray it's an easy, cheap fix. :)

nate2023
10-22-2007, 11:03 PM
If your lucky the bolts that hold the door on could be loose if the doors are getting worse that fast. have a friend, with the door open, pull the door up and down and take a look where its loose.