How much is ticket price for tint? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How much is ticket price for tint?

Codlax
10-24-2007, 07:12 PM
I live in ny state and i am put 5% tint on my car, The only thing is that im puting it on all my windows do anyone know what the ticket price is for illegal tinting to ur windows?

drumking1721
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
most of the time they give you a warning and tell you to take it off. Or they give you a ticket and tell you that the ticket will be waved if you take it off

Gizm0815
10-24-2007, 07:44 PM
ive been threatend for a state ticket which means me arrested and taken in. was warned once for tint. and then got a 25 dollar ticket that i just paid and was able to keep it. those were the only times i was ever bothered about it and i had the tint for about 1.5 years all times i was stoped for tint i was doing something stuipd which is why i was pulled over. never stoped for just tint.

BMOBYLE
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Up to $90 in Philly!! But mine have been tinted for years.

drumking1721
10-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Ive been pulled over by a state cop,he noticed i was moving across the state. then told me good luck in school and let me go.

Codlax
10-24-2007, 08:03 PM
so its kinda like a warning type deal and have some time to get out of it thats good becsaue the parants sed if i get one that im booted off the insurance deal haha so im going to take my chances ;-)

drumking1721
10-24-2007, 08:07 PM
i know from my experiences and my friend if they get a ticket they wave it if you scrap the tint off,so its something you can hide from your parents

badboy2451
10-24-2007, 08:09 PM
pa is $117.50 now IIRC

BMOBYLE
10-24-2007, 08:11 PM
sometimes if they wanna be a real d*ck they'll make you scrape it right then and there. I have only got warnings as well you'll be fine. just try not to draw extra attention to yourself around cops .

Rosado
10-24-2007, 08:30 PM
First off , each state have diffrent laws toward tints on a car. You cant make your dession that you will be fine with tint in the state of New York.
First off, you will get hammered with tickets. Yes tickets,, not 1 not 2 ,,, 4 tickets your going to get. Guess what, no getting out of it. Pay up sucker.. << there is a loop hole.. ill get to that in a min..

The state of NY it is 100% against the law to have tint on a car. Some cops dont care if they are able to see you at nite through the tint. If they cant see you, you will get pulled over. Day or nite. 5% hahahahah your getting tickets. U even live upsate, and your going to play with the state troopers.. The days of scraping the tint off and or getting a warnings are over. Instant ticket, and you better be carefull, cuz now that you got pulled over for tint, they will look for anything else to keep writing. ALL state and police cops carry a device that they attach to the window and it will tell them what level of tint you have. So dont try to lie cuz your just going to piss him off. READ BELOW.......

New York Tint Law Enacted: 1991
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN NEW YORK?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In New York, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

See that MUST ALLOW 70% of light in..
You have 5%
You figure it out..

peace out

badboy2451
10-24-2007, 08:32 PM
i dont see how they can make you peel it, especially if you are willing to pay the fine...ive never had a cop ask me to peel mine, but id prolly tell him to blow it out his ass if he did

BMOBYLE
10-24-2007, 08:46 PM
i dont see how they can make you peel it, especially if you are willing to pay the fine...ive never had a cop ask me to peel mine, but id prolly tell him to blow it out his ass if he did

My cuz had to scrape his 2 fronts and my buddy dan had to scrape his twice right in front of the cops. They had a light meter on them:crying:

He is an idoit though he had a mustang fully tinted out even the windshield was 20%.

Philly and stateys can be a PITA about that. I'm sure NY can't be fun either.

If you look at it from a cops view though I can understand COMPLETLEY why THEY don't like it you know

Codlax
10-24-2007, 08:55 PM
yea i understand them not liking (not being able to see in walking up to the window) and baout the cops being ****s yea ur right there are alot of them up here in upstate ny im kinda in a ruff spot becsaue i just orderd all the tint baout 4 days ago not even thinking baout the laws and i spent a good chunck of change to get all the windows already pre cut and sent .... it sucks!

Elderas
10-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Look at it this way

if ur ripping around in a 60 zone doin 80 or i donno how ur crazy "miles" work :P

(If i do 80 in a 60 its no big deal)

and a cop sees u hes gonna find every reason to give u a ticket. speeding tint exhaust. If u dont speed u will never get pulled over for just tint. cops have better things to do than waste 30 min on 80 dollars.

Codlax
10-24-2007, 09:01 PM
thats what im hoping and i have only had one other ticket b4 and learnd my lesson on that one so i dont do no speedking anymore or messing around it not worth my liscence

Rosado
10-24-2007, 09:54 PM
WRONG!!!!!!

When you people live here in New York , then you can say something like that. Untill then, shut it. Cops here have ZERO tolorance for anything. Cody , you will get a ticket. Enjoy it till you cant take paying the tickets.

Jake
10-25-2007, 12:51 AM
I got a tint ticket 3 weeks ago actually I forgot about it until reading this thread lol it has to be taken care of in like the next week, :P Just a fix it ticket and then 50$ to get them retinted. Meh o well,

Elderas
10-25-2007, 02:57 AM
well im not gonna argue with u cuz i dont live in new york

thats how it is here and its a small citycompared to NY (in terms of pop) but not THAT small.

FuriousG
10-25-2007, 05:46 AM

Do you not understand the concept of a ticket? You don't just pay a ticket and then continue breaking the law. They give you the ticket and then you peel it off or you will continue to get tickets. Unless you enjoy being pulled over and paying tickets then you will need to peel it off.

Go ahead and tell the cop to blow it out his ass. He'll probably get a good laugh out of that while he proceeds to ticket you for every miniscule infraction he can find and then tells his buddies to be on the lookout for your car in the future.

To the original kid who started this thread...stick to what the law allows. Seriously, if you're worried about getting a ticket and your parents getting angry then simply don't do what you know is wrong to begin with. Wait until you're only accountable to only yourself before you go screwing around with something you don't honestly need. If you're worried about the amount of sunlight coming in through your car windows then buy yourself a good pair of sunglasses and avoid the headache of dealing with cops and parents over the amount of tint on your car.

I recently had to remove my tint that was legal in Virginia because it's not legal in Germany. I hated doing it because I paid good money for it. It sucks and I know how you feel but it's not worth the hassle of ignoring the law. Save your money and use it for something that is legal.

Simply put, if you have to ask how much a ticket for tint is, then you can't afford to keep paying it every time they pull you over.

badboy2451
10-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Do you not understand the concept of a ticket? You don't just pay a ticket and then continue breaking the law. They give you the ticket and then you peel it off or you will continue to get tickets. Unless you enjoy being pulled over and paying tickets then you will need to peel it off.

Go ahead and tell the cop to blow it out his ass. He'll probably get a good laugh out of that while he proceeds to ticket you for every miniscule infraction he can find and then tells his buddies to be on the lookout for your car in the future.

i understand the concept of the ticket, never said i didnt...i said that i dont see how they can make you peel it off whenever they pull you over. ive already been ticketed 3 times for my tint but i know im breaking the law so i suck it up and pay the fine.

and the cops already do have a look out for my car becuase i refuse to peel my tint off, but after getting 3 tickets in a little over a month, the judge sided with me on harrasment charges and the cops cant pull me over for my tint anymore.

there is a big difference in a cop doing his job and a cop being a ****

Mirage85
10-25-2007, 10:38 AM
I said that i dont see how they can make you peel it off whenever they pull you over.

Technically, they are not allowed to make you remove it on the spot. If they try and make you, you need to refuse and remind them they do not have the authority to do so. Anyone who has removed tint knows that when the film comes off, the sticky residue is left behind on the window and cant be removed without a solvent/scraper. This creates visual obstructions and is dangerous to drive. Now, they have the right to not let you drive your car and have it towed, but they cannot force you to remove the tint.

Jake
10-25-2007, 05:55 PM
and the cops already do have a look out for my car becuase i refuse to peel my tint off, but after getting 3 tickets in a little over a month, the judge sided with me on harrasment charges and the cops cant pull me over for my tint anymore. there is a big difference in a cop doing his job and a cop being a ****

last time I checked the job of a police officer was to enforce the law and make sure people are following it, I would love to meet the judge that sided with you like that. I think you are gonna get flamed over that post. If your being a stubborn A$$hole, whats wrong with the cop doing his job?

Jake
10-25-2007, 06:10 PM
If u dont speed u will never get pulled over for just tint. cops have better things to do than waste 30 min on 80 dollars.

Funny cuz I just got pulled over for strictly tint 3 weeks ago, funny thing is I didnt have my windows up, she pulled me over and said "roll your windows up..." then bla bla bla bla crap and I got a ticket, how she knew I had tinted front windows Idk, musta seen me before, but I ALWAYS have my windows down.

Grreen99GT
10-25-2007, 06:25 PM
thats very very uncommon ^^^^^^

Jake
10-25-2007, 06:48 PM
thats very very uncommon ^^^^^^

If your talking about me yea... I was kinda mad.

badboy2451
10-25-2007, 08:43 PM
last time I checked the job of a police officer was to enforce the law and make sure people are following it, I would love to meet the judge that sided with you like that. I think you are gonna get flamed over that post. If your being a stubborn A$$hole, whats wrong with the cop doing his job?

how would that not be considered harassment? and how am i being a stubborn ******* when i pay my fines and go on with my day? like i said earlier, there is a difference between a cop doing his job, and a cop being an ****...when they sit on streets by your house and wait for you to come home and proceed to give you a sobriety test each time, it turns into a case of harassment.

Funny cuz I just got pulled over for strictly tint 3 weeks ago, funny thing is I didnt have my windows up, she pulled me over and said "roll your windows up..." then bla bla bla bla crap and I got a ticket, how she knew I had tinted front windows Idk, musta seen me before, but I ALWAYS have my windows down.

and from what i know, window tint is a moving violation and it has to obstruct the view of the office while in motion..they cant cite you for you window tint if your front windows are down since the back two windows dont matter

Jake
10-25-2007, 09:30 PM
how would that not be considered harassment? and how am i being a stubborn ******* when i pay my fines and go on with my day? like i said earlier, there is a difference between a cop doing his job, and a cop being an ****...when they sit on streets by your house and wait for you to come home and proceed to give you a sobriety test each time, it turns into a case of harassment.

You sure your not exaggerating that one a bit? I am sure cops have much more important things to do then sit at your house waiting for you to give you a tint ticket..... And you know the laws, who cares if you pay the fine, your still breaking the law. You are being a stubborn a$$hole by NOT REMOVING THE TINT. point is, your breaking the law, you keep getting caught, your fault.

cardude007617
10-25-2007, 10:24 PM
so why do you want to get a ticket potentially in the first place?

Jake
10-25-2007, 11:01 PM
so why do you want to get a ticket potentially in the first place?

Cuz we are BAMF's

cardude007617
10-25-2007, 11:14 PM
so u like to waste money and dumb tickets?

Jake
10-25-2007, 11:17 PM
50 dollars isnt a big deal....

Bryan
10-25-2007, 11:22 PM
IMO it's just worth the money to keep the tint on. Plus being un-tinted sucks.

Jake
10-25-2007, 11:30 PM
IMO it's just worth the money to keep the tint on. Plus being un-tinted sucks.

Well my ticket would be 112 bucks, or can peel it off, get it written off, and then 50$ for re tinting.

Bryan
10-25-2007, 11:34 PM
That's def. the way to go. Which ever routes cheaper, and still keeps the tint whether it's taking it off and putting it back, is the right route. :boogie:

Jake
10-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Ya, I was waiting for the ticket in the mail to see the price of it and I got it like 2 days ago, it was for 112 bucks and Im like whoa no way can this be a tint ticket but thats the only ticket I have so... apparently it is :p.

Ajaxus
10-26-2007, 12:54 AM
$50 adds up quickly

Jake
10-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Well I have had only 1 tint ticket in my 4 years of driving, so.. so far the total stands at 50$ :). And this was a bogus ticket my windows werent even up :|

cooter55
10-26-2007, 09:22 AM
for the one who started this thread just move down here to az the cops don't mind unless you are f'ing around then you get screwd by them i have 5% all around the windshield is like 20% and i have been pulled over for speeding 13 times in the last 8 years and never got a window tint ticket at all

Mirage85
10-26-2007, 12:26 PM
...and i have been pulled over for speeding 13 times in the last 8 years...

:applause:

Thats not something you want to brag about....

Codlax
10-26-2007, 02:36 PM
well.... i got the tint i was talkign abotu and put it on and talked to a cop today in my car and she didnt say a word about it so we will see ....

Elderas
10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
for the one who started this thread just move down here to az the cops don't mind unless you are f'ing around then you get screwd by them i have 5% all around the windshield is like 20% and i have been pulled over for speeding 13 times in the last 8 years and never got a window tint ticket at all

well u got an excuse..

the sun is unrelentless.

Codlax
10-26-2007, 05:18 PM
lol yea what u think... look good did it myself ?

JRYAN34
10-30-2007, 05:46 PM
i live in wisconsin, and just got my windows tinted to 10%. i usually have my car in madison where the cops arent too bad. havent gotten pulled over yet. i also drive my car a little south of madison to a town where the cops are strict as hell, and still havent been pulled over. what it comes down to is if you are doing something dumb you will get pulled over and they will give you a ticket on tint.

Mirage85
10-31-2007, 08:40 AM
i live in wisconsin, and just got my windows tinted to 10%. i usually have my car in madison where the cops arent too bad. havent gotten pulled over yet. i also drive my car a little south of madison to a town where the cops are strict as hell, and still havent been pulled over. what it comes down to is if you are doing something dumb you will get pulled over and they will give you a ticket on tint.

Not true, some cops will still pull you over strictly for tint. I just depends on the cop and their mood.

cardude007617
10-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Not true, some cops will still pull you over strictly for tint. I just depends on the cop and their mood.

x2, my freind in a r!ce-mobile got stopped like a week or 2 ago for it....

Bouchie11982
11-04-2007, 10:59 PM
HAHA! well i think it depends on the state and who pulls you over. our tint has to be 35%. well i got pulled over for my tint, which i knew it was illegal but it was 35% metalized which is illegal with the stock tont . the meter read 29% and the a$$hole statie fined me $250 for the tint....no lie at all. so it depends on the cop/statie

nate2023
11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
you can get the tint thats the cling-on kind so when he gets back to his car to write the ticket you can hurry up and peel it off = "Officer why am i getting a tint ticket?!?" ;)

ryanbgb22
11-07-2007, 09:00 PM
you can get the tint thats the cling-on kind so when he gets back to his car to write the ticket you can hurry up and peel it off = "Officer why am i getting a tint ticket?!?" ;)

link to this "cling tint"?

Mirage85
11-07-2007, 09:03 PM
link to this "cling tint"?

You can get it at walmart, but its tought to work with

Bryan
11-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Mirage, don't you have a cling on Pontiac banner thing? (that looks hot btw)

Mirage85
11-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Mirage, don't you have a cling on Pontiac banner thing? (that looks hot btw)

Yes sir, I do. Kinda forgot about that. lol

The cling on stuff is hard to work with and get the bubbles out from because its really really thick compared to normal window tint. After its in the sun for a few weeks a lot of the larger bubbles dissapear, but its not worth the hassle.

You not going to be able to just pull it off and have the cop not write you a ticket on the spot, that is, if you want to re-use it. You need to go easy on it so you dont stretch it, you dont want to fold it or it will crease, and its static cling, lint is attracted to it like crazy!!!