99 Grand Am headlights are weak [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 99 Grand Am headlights are weak

milletime11
10-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Hey guys whats going on. Im new around here but ive been on alot of grand prix forms beings thats what I had! Sold it now I got a LS1 Camaro. Thought I would tell you guys a little bit about me im sure you will all see me on here alot! So im not a form dummy! Although it took me awhile to find this form, haha!

My GF has a 99 Grand AM GT Coupe, well i know that it had a light right front collision on it! Well the Headlights absouletly SUCK at night! Its horrible you cant see the backside of a barn with these things! Ive tried to adjust them with the two torx bit screws but have had no luck! They just seem like there weak, and they are out of adjust-mit too! It has the 9007 super bright white sylvania lights in! Is there another adjustment screw im missing somewhere or what?? Maybe something regulates the voltages of the lights somewhere and its bad? I dont know but anything would be nice to help me out here guys!

Next problem air bag light is on???? checked fuses everything looks fine could it be the module under the passenger seat, maybe it got a little wet somehow and shorted!

Finally last the check tire pressure light is stuck on? It came on and wont go away now, im wondering if thats also a reason why the service vehicle soon light is on. And yes I did inflate the tires properly everything is right! I mean is there a certain way to turn the tire pressure light off I though it just turned it sell of?

awfulwaffle
10-27-2007, 09:48 AM
These cars are notorious for electrical problems.
as far as the headlights go, i do'nt know what to tell ya. were they always bad, or did that start after the collision? could be any number of things
Same thing with the airbag light, did that come right after the collision?

With the SES light you can go to a GM dealer, they should read the code for free and let you know exactly what's tripping it.
As for the tire pressure light, since you drive a 99 there is a reset button in the driver's side fuse bank, just hold the button and it should shut off.

milletime11
10-27-2007, 10:24 AM
The car had the collision problem before we owned. I tried the reset button and that didnt take care of it. It just flashed a few times and thats it!

whoisryan
10-27-2007, 11:41 AM
yea i had what seems to be a very similar collision in the same area. i had a problem with that light and the turn siginal... im sure you have checked but my bulb was bad for the light... as the signal goes i couldnt figure it out... i drove on it for a while and sum how it fixed itself.. dont have a problem with it anymore so im not gona ask questions.

awfulwaffle
10-28-2007, 09:48 AM
The car had the collision problem before we owned. I tried the reset button and that didnt take care of it. It just flashed a few times and thats it!

after it flashes you need to press the button one more time, and that should take care of it

sorry for not being too specific

stewartfn18
10-28-2007, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=awfulwaffle;933060]
With the SES light you can go to a GM dealer, they should read the code for free and let you know exactly what's tripping it.

NO. DO NOT take it to a dealership becuse it is not free. Ive worked at two different dealerships and both charged like 100 dollars to do a diagnostic check. If you want it done for free, take it to autozone. They will check it for free.