Headlight alignment issue [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Headlight alignment issue

lone_wolf025
10-28-2007, 05:41 PM
I know the procedure of how to align the headlights. But my problem is that I'm running out of adjuster space. The driver's side lamp is ok, but the passenger side is too high and too far in, but I am out of adjuster space. Anyone have any ideas?

onesexyga
10-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Maybe mismounted headlight, or a stripped adjuster? Check out the headlight in relation to the body. It might not be setting in right. Its tough to see down behind, but make sure the clips are on fully and in the right place.

lone_wolf025
10-28-2007, 06:40 PM
The driver's side lamp is flush and tight with the body especially on the outer edge. The passenger side is the exact opposite. The outer edge sticks out pretty good. Both are fully seated in both clips. I managed to bring the passenger side down a little by pushing the edges down, but its still too high and its not over far enough.

Ajaxus
10-28-2007, 07:03 PM
are all four alignment thingies (screws??) in place? i know sometimes it's hard to get them all locked in.

lone_wolf025
10-30-2007, 06:37 PM
They're all locked in and secured. Is it possible that the mounting of the bulb itself goes in a certain direction? What I mean is, is it possible that its just a matter of removing the bulb and rotating it's position?

I've got a lot more work to do on these things...

onesexyga
10-30-2007, 06:45 PM
If the housing isnt sitting right to the body, then its not an issue of the bulbs alignment. Both headlights should fit the car the same. I guess id pull the headlights and inspect everything. Make sure theres nothing in the way of the headlight. Check to see the aligners look the same. Nothing broken. Other than that i really dont know.

lone_wolf025
10-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Ok. I'll be looking again this weekend.

Mike Jung
10-31-2007, 09:12 PM
...Is it possible that the mounting of the bulb itself goes in a certain direction? What I mean is, is it possible that its just a matter of removing the bulb and rotating it's position?...
The headlight bulbs ONLY go in properly one way.

Check by toggling your high beams, & check which way the beam direction goes.
If it goes up when on high beams: It is correct.
If it goes down when on high beam: Your headlight bulb is in upside down.

lone_wolf025
10-31-2007, 09:40 PM
The headlight bulbs ONLY go in properly one way.

Check by toggling your high beams, & check which way the beam direction goes.
If it goes up when on high beams: It is correct.
If it goes down when on high beam: Your headlight bulb is in upside down.

Ummm only one problem...the HID's don't have a highbeam setting. I'll double check that one side though. I gotta zip tie the wires outta place on the other side too come to think of it...AND work on the fog light fitment issue...

Metallman56
11-01-2007, 07:24 AM
dont feel too bad lone wolf025, i have the same problem. expect my drives side light is the one all jacked up. i thought that replacing the light would fix it. nope. i havent really had time to mess with it. i just adjusted it down, and it sticks out and looks bad. i'll try to fix it when i get some spare time.

bricooper78
11-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Ummm only one problem...the HID's don't have a highbeam setting. I'll double check that one side though. I gotta zip tie the wires outta place on the other side too come to think of it...AND work on the fog light fitment issue...
i've wondered about the upside down bulb for over a month now, and i finally found someone who knew they could be upside down!

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am gonna change mine tomorrow, i've been adjusting and re-adjusting over and over trying to figure that out, wondering the whole time if that bulb could be upside down....i don't feel crazy anymore

Mike Jung
11-22-2007, 03:54 AM
i've wondered about the upside down bulb for over a month now, and i finally found someone who knew they could be upside down!

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am gonna change mine tomorrow, i've been adjusting and re-adjusting over and over trying to figure that out, wondering the whole time if that bulb could be upside down....i don't feel crazy anymore

from: How To: Change your headlamps (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6680)

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2142&d=1040689131

Flat side of the light bulb faces UP.