HeadLight not working! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HeadLight not working!

milletime11
11-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Driver side headlight decided to be dumb and only work on High beam, ok so I went to get a new bulb and it doesnt work still with a new bulb. I check the left headlamp and right headlamp fuses under the hood they look good I switched them around didnt change anything! Is there a hi/lo fuse somewhere? I dont know whats going on here!

cardude007617
11-04-2007, 05:36 PM
maybe a relay isnt working?

ryanbgb22
11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
maybe a relay isnt working?

pretty sure they would be through the same relay...mayb you got a bad contact in the connection.

silvergtjrad
11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Id take a look at the wiring. You may have overheated it and it melted through.

milletime11
11-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Okay So i checked my relays and move them around to test for this light issue, and no results so all the relays i know of are good so far! Since were running the car with brights on during the night I noticed the driverside light im having issues with doesnt even look like a bright light to me! Does the BCM have any fuses in it? Im starting to think this might be where problem is coming from! Who knows any help or input would be nice!

myneedforspeed
11-07-2007, 07:04 PM
check ur wiring, it sounds like you melted something...(hopefully not)

milletime11
11-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Ive decided i work on this grand am more for repairs then I do on both my cars but together! Well wish me luck ill figure something out here soon! Ill keep you all posted!

nate2023
11-08-2007, 10:14 PM
This may sound crazy but hold with me... My dads truck had a bad fuse (like the fuse for the inside light or somthing) and it made his whole truck do backwards things, he would press the brakes and the radio would shut off and other wierd things, it was crazy. He replaced the fuse and all was well. Doesn't hurt to check all three fuse panels for something.