wheel hub [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : wheel hub

supersilvergt00
11-07-2007, 10:59 AM
YES, I have searched this several times, before anybody asks. I'm pretty sure its the wheel hub assy/wheel bearing, and also bc of the svs, tc, abs lights coming on occasionally. But something else, when i'm driving there is a vibration too, its pretty much constant and the steering wheel vibrates too. I want to know if this is something else anybody has experienced with the wheel hub assy/wheel bearings issue. Any other symptoms you all have experienced would be great to know too.

Hoss
11-07-2007, 11:30 AM
If wheel bearing is bad enough to cause that kind of vibration, it would deffinately make some horrible growling/humming while driving. Just making sure you are experincing that as well. Jack up the car, and you should be able easily feel the massive ammounts of play in the wheel bearing if that's your problem. I guess it is possible that your halfshaft(s) or CV Shaft(s) are way out of balance, or horrible tire/rim balance could throw your wheel speed sensors out of whack, dunno, just my 2 cents...

timka86
11-07-2007, 11:31 AM
if it's constant, at higher speeds, then you need your wheels balances, if it's more predominant when breaking, then it's warped rotors.

most likely wheel balancing or a tire out of whack (lump somewhere) that's causing the vibration.