Seat problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Seat problem

mi scuzzi07
11-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Ive got some kind of random spring that keeps popping in and out on my front drivers seat. It doesnt poke out or anything but i can tell that somthing is not sitting right. I happens everytime is **** my wieght while sitting. Is there anything i can do to fix this without tearing up my car. I was thinking about swapping the front seat tops. They look identicle other than the seatbelt thingy, but that can easily be switched. Is there anything i can do and would it be possible to switch the tops? Thanks- jason

Ajaxus
11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
um..where is it on the seat??

are you sure it isn't something with the lumbar support?

mi scuzzi07
11-08-2007, 10:15 AM
its the top 3 inches of that ribbed part of the fabric in the center of the top half of the seat. and what is the lumbar support? :/

Lab Rat
11-08-2007, 11:25 AM
The seat support is kinda weak. I tore my drivers seat open to find the metal support had broken. I used a coat hanger to fab a new "hook" and reinstalled. Another guy on the site used zip ties. But you would need to remove the cover. Or find a new/used seat to swap but alot of people are looking for good leather.

mi scuzzi07
11-08-2007, 11:46 AM
yea see thats what i really didnt want to do ? where did cut the seat open? and is it possible to just switch the driver and passenger top section? they r identicle.

Ajaxus
11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
yeah, not the lumbar support.

the lumbar support is the adjustable part that pops out to provide support to your lower back..sometimes mine pops out or in on its own..hence why i asked at the time.

Lab Rat
11-08-2007, 12:59 PM
There is a velcro strip at the bottom of the seatback. It's tight but you can pull the cover off. Good luck.

mi scuzzi07
11-08-2007, 05:37 PM
i honestly dont think its the lumbar support only because it hits me mid back at the top of that differnt fabric ...i do not have an adjustable lumbar knob either if that makes any difference... im not sure if anyone answered this but cant i just switch the top halfs of the driver and passenger seats?

mi scuzzi07
11-13-2007, 06:17 PM
????? anyone?

SSRacer
11-13-2007, 07:24 PM
I've got a similar issue, but it's in the rear of the seat, so it doesn't bother me. Something's broke, just too lazy to check it out.