Another new guy from IN [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Another new guy from IN

Caleb
11-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey all. Just purchased my 2000 GT about a week ago, and I f***ing love it.

Made the move from a 2000 Cavalier.

The GA is much nicer all 'round, and it's nice to be driving a car with some balls again.

Graxall
11-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Hey all. Just purchased my 2000 GT about a week ago, and I f***ing love it.

Made the move from a 2000 Cavalier.

The GA is much nicer all 'round, and it's nice to be driving a car with some balls again.

Welcome!

Dont forget to search, read stickys before posting, and of course donate!
Youll get a gankster yellow name and have access to the almost anything goes forum! Have any plans to mod the car?

Bryan
11-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Welcome, what color did you get?

PhantomLover007
11-17-2007, 03:31 PM
*welcome*

Caleb
11-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks!

It's black w/ some hand painted stripe work. The guy/guys who does/do it has/have done a lot of the showroom cars in the Indy area. Goes by the name "Bikini", though I've never met him myself.

It's got the chrome 5-spoke wheels, and had some aftermarket projector/halo lights when I got it.

I'll get some pics up soon.

P.S. - This message brought to you by the forward slash. "/".

Caleb
11-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Have any plans to mod the car?

Completely missed your question.

Yeah, I hope to mod the hell out of it. I have big dreams, but unfortunately a small budget. Which would be fine if I knew more people/had access to more parts and tools.

We'll see how things go. Need to change out brakes, gaskets, blower resistor, try to buff some scratches out of one of the headlamps, figure out why the main lamps in the housing won't light up/why the halo rings are so dim, plugs & wires, usual. I'm gonna try to replace what I can with higher performance variants.

The only big plans I'm looking at right now are the brake upgrade ('vette swap), and possibly having some coworkers help me fab up a proper supercharger setup. It'll be a while though, depending on how time and money permit.

Graxall
11-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Completely missed your question.

Yeah, I hope to mod the hell out of it. I have big dreams, but unfortunately a small budget. Which would be fine if I knew more people/had access to more parts and tools.

We'll see how things go. Need to change out brakes, gaskets, blower resistor, try to buff some scratches out of one of the headlamps, figure out why the main lamps in the housing won't light up/why the halo rings are so dim, plugs & wires, usual. I'm gonna try to replace what I can with higher performance variants.

The only big plans I'm looking at right now are the brake upgrade ('vette swap), and possibly having some coworkers help me fab up a proper supercharger setup. It'll be a while though, depending on how time and money permit.

If your on a budget, a SC is gonna set ya back a bit..but good luck..and get some pics up in the apearance mod section

xxbackhillxx
11-17-2007, 09:04 PM
welcome ... IB4ugetrapedbyaj

Caleb
11-17-2007, 10:56 PM

Huh? Raped by a what?:confused:

Ajaxus
11-17-2007, 11:53 PM
me...tom's a **** btw

also, welcome fellow hoosier..i had to mapquest mccordsville..never heard of it before, lol

Caleb
11-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Most people haven't. Sounds like BFE I know, but I'm more or less next door to Mt. Comfort Airport.

Would be cool to meet up with some of the Indy guys sometime. Believe it or not this is the first time I've owned a car with much if any real enthusiast presence in Indiana.

There was my '60 Ranchero... but that crowd is all 50+ and retired.

My '77 Alfa... that crowd was full of dentist/doctor types... none near me.

99 Neon... too "Autozone", if you get my drift. Lot of big, cartoonish, body kits... never met anyone who was actually quick.

So yeah... maybe this is my chance. lol

xxbackhillxx
11-18-2007, 09:55 AM
see he already mapquested you ... better watch out

Bryan
11-18-2007, 10:49 AM
lol

Caleb
11-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah, yeah...

*quietly parks car in barn*

PhantomLover007
11-18-2007, 12:57 PM

:wtf

So Tom wants to get raped by A.J. before everyone else... WOW!

:amraam:

Ajaxus
11-18-2007, 01:36 PM
:wtf

So Tom wants to get raped by A.J. before everyone else... WOW!

:amraam:

Tom only comes back to make sexually charged statements about me..I keep telling him that I don't swing that way..but he's just too persistant to give up.

PhantomLover007
11-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Tom only comes back to make sexually charged statements about me..I keep telling him that I don't swing that way..but he's just too persistant to give up.

Don't he know that Sik is looking for a new toy to play w/??? lol

Caleb
11-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Okay, when I got the car I was aware of the leaky IMG, not the danger of being raped.

I think this was more than I bargained for.

*wonders if they still have the Monte Carlo SS on the lot*

Ajaxus
11-18-2007, 05:09 PM
If you stay out of michigan you'll be safe. :D

timberwoof
11-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Welcome to da site.

Just don't sit on AJ's lap and have him say HO HO HO. That would be just wrong, and disorderly.

Caleb
11-18-2007, 10:56 PM
So do the guys here in IN meet up at all? Would be cool to check out some of the cars in person, and talk about them a little.

Not to mention, being out on a Sat. night, and screwing with the Mustang Club would be good for some kicks.

Metallman56
11-19-2007, 07:51 AM
welcome dude.

Ajaxus
11-19-2007, 10:37 AM
So do the guys here in IN meet up at all? Would be cool to check out some of the cars in person, and talk about them a little.

Not to mention, being out on a Sat. night, and screwing with the Mustang Club would be good for some kicks.

since winter is on its way there probably won't be anything for awhile..spring time we have MGM up in michigan..that pretty much kicks off the meets for next year. there'll probably be another meet in chicago..not sure if south bend will sponsor one this year.

i know there is a decent indy crowd..but most of them spend their time on gaoc and rarely check in on here.