HID's burning out Halos? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HID's burning out Halos?

Bouchie11982
11-20-2007, 08:43 AM
i am told by a friend that when he put his HID's in, it burnt out he halos in his foglights (the halos are hooked up to the parking lights, same as mine) he said to unhooked the halos to rpevent them from blowing. he said he wasnt sure why they do it but they've went on him 5 times or so. anyone else know why HID's would blow Halos in the foglights? (the halos are hooked up so when the parking lights go on, so do the halos) i'm curious as well because it could very well be an easy problem to fix.
the HID's are 9007-2 with 6000k

Bouchie11982
11-20-2007, 01:45 PM
anyone???

timka86
11-20-2007, 02:49 PM
they shouldn't and wouldn't blow halos.

by halos you mean a couple LED's with resistors right?

what kind of LED's are you using what's the resistence on the resistor, and are you wiring the LED's in series or parallel.

that really isn't the best way to run LED's. when calcualting you should calculate for 14.6 volts, not 12. Plus it's best to use a voltage regulator to releave some if not all of the spikes, cuz a car alternator doesn't put out the smoothest current, and LED's are sensitive to this kind of stuff. Done right, they last a REALLY REALLY long time.

it doesn't have anything to do with the hid's, UNLESS of course the ballasts are causing spikes.

Graxall
11-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Yea like he said it shouldnt blow anything. And the halos i think are the hella angeleye fogs?
When he turns the lights on, the same amount of voltage is going to the headlights(in this case ballasts) as the fogs. They shouldnt blow out. The ballast convert the power into eonugh needed for the HID's so the ballasts shouldnt be doing it either. Maybe he didnt wire soemthing correctly or isnt a good connection ....idk

Bouchie11982
11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
im told i have sh!tty halo foglights LOL i have the hella optilux angel eyes.
maybe i should use a different ground. im told the ground is what the problem is. cuz the foglights were hooked up to the same ground