Fan Blower **Not resistor*** [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fan Blower **Not resistor***

spartans
11-21-2007, 04:35 PM
I've been having a problem with my blower. I have a 00 grand am gt, and when I turn on my AC or heater on setting 1 through 5 the blower starts vibrating. I've tried searching the forum for pictures or a guide how to get to the blower. I think it might be off track or there is somthing clogging it. If anyone has any advice or pictures it would be great.

stillriza
11-22-2007, 01:20 AM
Mine is the same way..but not that loud..its flipping annoying. I wanted to get in there cuz it sounds something is stuck in there but couldnt find a diagram or location for it.

lvemy3100
11-22-2007, 05:42 AM
I've been having a problem with my blower. I have a 00 grand am gt, and when I turn on my AC or heater on setting 1 through 5 the blower starts vibrating. I've tried searching the forum for pictures or a guide how to get to the blower. I think it might be off track or there is somthing clogging it. If anyone has any advice or pictures it would be great.

what makes you sure that its not the resistor? cause that is certainly what it sounds like to me...

stillriza
11-22-2007, 10:40 PM
im an idiot. explain to me how a resistor causes that sound. Are you referring to a tiny resistor..that kind that you stick in a circuit..or is this a car part with the same name. Again..I am an idiot.

spartans
11-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I know itís not the resistor because my heater and ac works on every setting. If it was the resistor certain setting wouldn't work. I can hear the blower on my passenger side under my glove box. I talked to a mechanic and he thought something might be clogged and recommended pulling out the blower. My problem is I don't have a clue how I get to my blower. When I start pushing and hitting where the blower is inside my car, my blower works better. Thatís why I think itís clogged or off centered.

stillriza
11-24-2007, 09:19 PM
I thought i was the only who who thought I could hear it coming from my glove box. Dude, we got the same problem but stilll no solution.

i am gona check around for the repair manual and see if it refrences the location.

i was doing some reading and found out that you can open up the blower motor and vacuum it up to clean it out.

http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1/bl323.htm

above is instructions for a 97 GA and location...I am assuming it is not too diff. I will take a look tomorrow morning and see if it resembles this diagram in anyway.

edit: here is a better one for a 99 GA and 01 Alero
http://autorepair.about.com/library/a/1a/bl312a.htm

lvemy3100
11-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Blower Motor and Fan Replacement

Removal Procedure

The blower motor and fan are located in the lower right hand corner of the HVAC module. Service this component as an assembly only.
For blower motor electrical diagnosis. Refer to HVAC Blower Controls System Check.

Caution

Before servicing any electrical component, the ignition key must be in the OFF or LOCK position and all electrical loads must be OFF, unless instructed otherwise in these procedures. If a tool or equipment could easily come in contact with a live exposed electrical terminal, also disconnect the negative battery cable. Failure to follow these precautions may cause personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the right closeout/panel insulator. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - Right in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.
3. Move the Body Control Module (BCM) aside. Refer to Body Control Module
4. Replacement in Body Control System.
5. Disconnect the electrical connections at the blower motor.
6. Remove the blower motor retaining screws.
7. Remove the blower motor and fan assembly.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the blower motor and fan assembly.
Notice

Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

2. Install the retaining screws.
3. Tighten the screws to 5 N∑m (45 lb in).
4. Connect the electrical connections.
5. Install the BCM into position. Refer to Body Control Module Replacement in Body Control System.
6. Install the right closeout/insulator panel. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - Right in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.
7. Connect the negative battery cable.
8. Tighten the negative battery cable bolt to 16 N∑m (12 lb ft).

spartans
11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks man, I'll give this a try this week.