Tranny going... temp guage... start problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tranny going... temp guage... start problems

entoxckatd
11-21-2007, 05:11 PM
My car is dying... Please someone help.

So last week I posted about how my car was not starting. The engine would turn but it did not want to fire. (but my post was deleted for some reason)

So now I have more problems.

I went to the shop to pick up my car because it was now starting... and the mechanic could not figure out what was wrong with it. So I start off driving and about 200 feet down the road the service engine light comes on. Also the temperate guage is going crazy... its rapidly moving from the lowest point to the mid point and back and forth. While doing this the car is ideling really high even though its been properly warmed up. I come to a stop at a light and the car is wanting to go forward because its in gear and its somehow revving itself to like 1500 rpm. Then when i start going.... every time the car shifts to a higher gear... it jerks.

I pull over to the side of the road turn my car off. Try to start the engine and it starts after turning like 5-7 times. Then i put it in drive and it jerks really hard. So then i get up to about 60 on the freeway and the car is going on its own because its idling at like 15-1700 rpm.

This is really starting to p*ss me off. Any help would be appreciated guys.

I tried searching but could not find anything.

black05GT
11-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Hmm, sounds like what these enignes do when the MAF is not connected (at least that's how mine behaves) - I suggest that you at least check the the MAF connector and wiring, and possibly a failed MAF. While you're at it, check ALL your vacuum hoses and connections. GL