Engine Idle Dip [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Engine Idle Dip

piperdown10
11-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Hey guys, I've searched and read through 30+ posts and can't seem to find this. ;crap

I have a 2003 SE with the ecotec engine, manual transmission 61,000 miles, and when I'm downshifting to a stop, like at a traffic light, the idle dips to around 500 and it sputters for a second then comes right back up. If the Heat or A/C is on, it'll do it every time but it happens even when they're off. The fan slows too.

I've recently had an oil change, new air filter and fuel filter but that didn't fix it. I run 89 octane and I put Valvoline standard (I know, I know) in it. It was really bad before the PM (had trouble starting) but it still hasn't cleared up.

From what I can tell, I might need to clean the MAF? If so, how would a newb go about that? Is it terribly difficult?

Thanks ahead of time.

Also, I think the toggle switch has come loose on my cruise control? Do I just pop that cover off and tighten it down? The cruise won't stay on when I push the button.

Bryan
11-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Are you tuned to run 89 octane?

piperdown10
11-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Uhhhh...heh.

No, I've just been putting the mid-grade fuel in because from what I've heard it is better than the 87 low around here.