HIDs NEED HELP!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HIDs NEED HELP!!!

JRYAN34
11-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Purchased my 8K hi/low hids from pilothid.com and I need help with the installation.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd190/JRYAN_34/DSC01913.jpg
What do I connect the blue and black wires to?
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd190/JRYAN_34/DSC01914.jpg
What do I connect the yellow wires to?

boost21
11-24-2007, 10:34 PM
No offense but common since would tell you that you have a high and low beam as well as a ground in your socket. You have a high beam (+) low beam (+) and common ground (-). For your ballast to work you have a low beam(+) and (-). Ground (black) is split and the other wire would be your high beam (+). As for your 2 yellow wires, either can be (+) and (-) but it wouldn't hurt testing it. Then you just hook them up. You then will probably run into our cars switched ground system as well as hurt the longevity of your hids because they are not made to shut off and on rapidly.

timka86
11-24-2007, 10:38 PM
No offense but common since would tell you that you have a high and low beam as well as a ground in your socket. You have a high beam (+) low beam (+) and common ground (-). For your ballast to work you have a low beam(+) and (-). Ground (black) is split and the other wire would be your high beam (+). As for your 2 yellow wires, either can be (+) and (-) but it wouldn't hurt testing it. Then you just hook them up. You then will probably run into our cars switched ground system as well as hurt the longevity of your hids because they are not made to shut off and on rapidly.

careful! I know the 00' grand am's have 1 (one) positive and 2 (two) negatives in each socket. so the positive is shared, and the negative is switched.

I know it my car, the pink wire in the bulb plug was the high beam, whichever is the center that's the shared/common, like I said in the 2000 grand ams it's positive. it may have changed in the 05's. check.

ryanbgb22
11-24-2007, 10:42 PM
yea....idk about other years, but my 00 def has two negatives in each socket and one common positive.

boost21
11-24-2007, 10:43 PM
careful! I know the 00' grand am's have 1 (one) positive and 2 (two) negatives in each socket. so the positive is shared, and the negative is switched.

I know it my car, the pink wire in the bulb plug was the high beam, whichever is the center that's the shared/common, like I said in the 2000 grand ams it's positive. it may have changed in the 05's. check.

our stock headlight wiring is a disaster lol
I made my own harness with relays and such to avoid it

ryanbgb22
11-24-2007, 10:45 PM
our stock headlight wiring is a disaster lol
I made my own harness with relays and such to avoid it

X2 i made my own harness with a relay....that is def the way to go. I useto get strobing on startup when it was directly wired.

boost21
11-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah i highly disagree with plugging ballasts directly into your stock wireing but hey its not my car lol

JRYAN34
11-24-2007, 11:17 PM
so i guess i am basically retarded, but what do i hook the 2 yellow wires up to and the other black and blue wires up to?

JRYAN34
11-24-2007, 11:48 PM
help anyone? Would like to install these 2night, but i am not getting any answers!!!