Aftermarket tail light question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket tail light question

crfuller1958
11-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Didn't really know where to put this, so I apologize if I posted in the wrong place. I bought a set of aftermarket tails on craigslist for cheap, for my 2000 GT. I got them for next to nothing, from a guy who unfortunately wrecked the front end of his GA. I believe they're called "Crystal eyes"?. They're clear with the three light setup. However, the tails are missing some of these little foam circles that go around the bulbs. I think they're a moisture barrier of some kind. Hope that describes it correctly. Anyway. I was wondering where someone might go to get these foam rings? Also, wondering what the procedure is to install these tails? Do you have to remove all the bulb/sockets from the oem bulb panel? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

wtselig07
11-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Just go down to your local craft store or Wal*Mart and buy a piece of black foam and cut new rings out of that. Works the exact same.

And no you don't have to take the old sockets out. The bulbs yes. He should've sent you a new wire harness that had new sockets that go in each hole individually. If not e-mail him and ask for them otherwise you got some splicing and soldering to do.

To install it's i think 3 black 'T' looking bolts that hold the carpet on (The hanger for the cargo net included) spin them off and there should be 2 more underneath. Spin those off and taillight will pop off. All can be done by hand No tools Neccessary.

Any further questions don't be afraid to ask...