Rev Limiter [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rev Limiter

ScathDeSolas
11-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Okay, so I've hit 120 one time on the way to Field Of Screams. No other cars in site, safety first. Anyways, once I hit 120 the car jolted or seemed to have cut out. now my speedometer is 5mph off. What the hell was the jolt and why is my speedometer now off? And does this have antyhing to do with the revlimiter or the governor? If so how do you stop this.

Panacea
11-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Sounds like your speed governor.

silvergtjrad
11-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Its not a porsche, and you arent on a race track. There should never be the need to hit 120 ever unless you are at a track.

Jake
11-29-2007, 07:18 PM
yea it jolted because you topped the car out. Why your speedo is 5 mph off I dont know. But once again, I think your gonna get hit hard for this thread.

ScathDeSolas
11-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah well, price I pay right? I wanna get it up to track quality that's why I ask. I don't do street racing. As popular as it may be, I don't, it's not worth the ticket or anyones life. So if you guys have a problem with me asking a simple question then say so now. I want to do drag racing, only on the track. I went to 120 on a secluded road to see how fast it would get up to, to test potential.

Jake
11-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah well, price I pay right? I wanna get it up to track quality that's why I ask. I don't do street racing. As popular as it may be, I don't, it's not worth the ticket or anyones life. So if you guys have a problem with me asking a simple question then say so now. I want to do drag racing, only on the track. I went to 120 on a secluded road to see how fast it would get up to, to test potential.

K well I am sure that everyone here is all for you doin up the GA, but just dont mention going that fast in an uncontrolled (private) road, keep the speed to the track and everyone will get along just fine :)

Sprucegagt
11-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Okay, so I've hit 120 one time on the way to Field Of Screams. No other cars in site, safety first. Anyways, once I hit 120 the car jolted or seemed to have cut out. now my speedometer is 5mph off. What the hell was the jolt and why is my speedometer now off? And does this have antyhing to do with the revlimiter or the governor? If so how do you stop this.

I take it you didn't use this function "search" because this question has been answered many times.