who makes / sells actuall WATERPROOF covers [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : who makes / sells actuall WATERPROOF covers

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-30-2007, 09:10 PM
i have never used or really needed a cover before. i decided to go with this deluxe poly pro III full sixe car cover. 201-230" L x 75"W x 46"H. nice feature zip door . believe it or not still does not cover about six inch of the lower body along the sides. sucks .

next step would have been to go to a suv style cover. this cover is for my inside storage...

now for outside it will be even tuffer to find a cover that covers more of the car and is WATERPROOF not justwater resistant. so far the one waterproof cover i found on ebay from covers4cars , turns out buyers say it is not waterproof. and the XL suv lkiely will cover more 200"L x 76W x 61H. need help on those other threads too.

notsoaveragej0e
11-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Are you storing it underwater?

Water resistant means its fine for rain, snow, etc.

I fail to see the need for complete waterproofing- if it even exists for car overs...

Jake
11-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Are you storing it underwater?

rofl @ that

cardude007617
11-30-2007, 09:25 PM
i dont know, you cant really get what the hell he's talking about so, who knows, maybe he is storing the car underwater........

SikMindz
11-30-2007, 09:27 PM
So let me get this straight. You are storing the car inside a garage in a 1M Gal aquarium?

notsoaveragej0e
11-30-2007, 09:27 PM
i dont know, you cant really get what the hell he's talking about so, who knows, maybe he is storing the car underwater........

hahahahahaha

you said it, not me :whistle:

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
11-30-2007, 09:34 PM
you guys can help then butt out thanks help or don't help . i store the car inside heated garage very very dust and concrete dust too boot, so one type of cover for that application.

next when it is out during the summer i want a cover that will keep water off the body of the car the days i want to keep it clean and it's raining...

and from what i hear water resistant does not mean waterproof . even some car cover companies state that . but usually in tiny print on the bottom of the box after you buy it.

do you all understand now. man i am so glad i do not enter post just to malk / trash someone. more important things to do with my extra time.

bigstribs
11-30-2007, 09:52 PM
ROFLMFAO i mean r u serious

notsoaveragej0e
11-30-2007, 09:58 PM
you guys can help then butt out thanks help or don't help . i store the car inside heated garage very very dust and concrete dust too boot, so one type of cover for that application.

next when it is out during the summer i want a cover that will keep water off the body of the car the days i want to keep it clean and it's raining...

and from what i hear water resistant does not mean waterproof . even some car cover companies state that . but usually in tiny print on the bottom of the box after you buy it.

do you all understand now. man i am so glad i do not enter post just to malk / trash someone. more important things to do with my extra time.

We aren't just trashing you, although it seems that way... its just sort of absurd to be so concerned about something you really can't control- a regular cover will be fine for inside, regardless of how much dust is in the air. As far as outside, most covers are made to resist rain, even though they are not "waterproof." All I can offer is to just google and keep looking for what you specifically want.

example:
http://www.empirecovers.com/waterproofcarcover.htm?gclid=COyI0_2YhpACFRGCGgodv 3EWuQ

angrysk8r
11-30-2007, 11:24 PM
i can understand his concern, i happen to know someone who had a showroom car, stored it under a car cover for a while, and later came back to find that it had leaked and then trapped water under the cover and making rust on the body

Jake
11-30-2007, 11:30 PM
i can understand his concern, i happen to know someone who had a showroom car, stored it under a car cover for a while, and later came back to find that it had leaked and then trapped water under the cover and making rust on the body

by a while do u mean 9 years?

stillriza
11-30-2007, 11:53 PM
There has got be covers that will fit a GA. The GA is what..a compact..grab a cover for a 300, Im sure it will fit fine.

TFA
12-01-2007, 06:02 AM
the only way to get your car covered and water-proofed is to vacuum seal it. condensation, moisture , ect. will get under every car cover, period. get a really big heat shrink gun, or lots of plastic wrap. or custom order one of those vacuum seal bags they sell on info-mertials at 3AM for your car, thats about the only way.

AaronGTR
12-01-2007, 08:51 AM
I can understand his concern too. I have the cover from PFYC, and while it's "water resistant" it's not "water proof". When my car's outside and it rains, the rain rolls off the cover but it still absorbs some water so the surface of the car gets wet, and then it gets dirty and has water spots all over it. It's a PITA! It would be nice if there was a water proof cover so the car would actually stay clean in the rain, which is kinda the point of a cover isn't it? :rolleyes:

SikMindz
12-01-2007, 02:50 PM
It's a Grand Am. A fairly stock Grand Am at that.

CUSTOMGAGT2000SEDAN
12-01-2007, 03:28 PM
thank you AaronGTR my point exactly. and with your nice looking ga . who needs dirt while a car is clean or waterspots etc.

and to Sikmindz response okay it is a ga and not fairly stock i just do not have all my parts on. your guessing because you never saw my car have you. so you don ' t think i should take the best care i can of what i paid $17 grand for in 2002. it still only has 76,000 klms on it. and is near mint.

SikMindz
12-01-2007, 03:38 PM
thank you AaronGTR my point exactly. and with your nice looking ga . who needs dirt while a car is clean or waterspots etc.

and to Sikmindz response okay it is a ga and not fairly stock i just do not have all my parts on. your guessing because you never saw my car have you. so you don ' t think i should take the best care i can of what i paid $17 grand for in 2002. it still only has 76,000 klms on it. and is near mint.

That's not the point. I don't care if it's stock or as modified as mine; it's not a trailer queen nor is it an exotic. It's meant to be driven and I'm sure there are many more things in your life that are WAY more important than stressing over a car over as much as you've been obseesing with it this last week.

Here and quit stressin'.

http://www.carcapsule.com/

It's good in rain, sleet or snow and I'm sure you can even store it underwater.

angrysk8r
12-02-2007, 07:27 PM
by a while do u mean 9 years?

no, i dont