I Have A Very Important Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Very Important Question

sausyb
12-13-2007, 12:45 AM
I know that the 3.1L and the 3.4L are bacically the same block. My question is. Is the 3.4L and the 3.8L the same block? the reeason i ask is because my mother wrecked her 96 buick riviera with the 3.8L supercharged. i was thinking about putting the blower from the buick on my grand am gt. Would it just be easyer to take the engine out ok the buick and put it in my grand am gt? will it work for a engine swap? i need to know these things before i get stupid. lol!i have a very important question

boost21
12-13-2007, 01:03 AM
search is your friend, it has been done...once or twice

but in simple terms no it wont bolt right up

Sprucegagt
12-13-2007, 01:39 AM
I know that the 3.1L and the 3.4L are bacically the same block. My question is. Is the 3.4L and the 3.8L the same block? the reeason i ask is because my mother wrecked her 96 buick riviera with the 3.8L supercharged. i was thinking about putting the blower from the buick on my grand am gt. Would it just be easyer to take the engine out ok the buick and put it in my grand am gt? will it work for a engine swap? i need to know these things before i get stupid. lol!i have a very important question

No, they are different blocks. In the future please use the search feature because this topic has been covered at least 434334573430 times.