Aiming projectors? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Aiming projectors?

SSRacer
12-14-2007, 09:14 AM
OK, I searched "aim projector" and found nothing helpful, so if this has been covered before, then please point me in the right direction.

What is the best way to properly aim a set of projector lenses. I used to aim the stockers with the high beams at a certain distance. Now that the high's are a different bulb, that won't work the same.

I have them aimed pretty close to where I think they need to be, but want to make sure I have it right before moving to HID's.

Thanks for the help.

timka86
12-14-2007, 11:04 AM
why do you aim with the high beam? High beam shouldn't be aimed, it just glares.

Low beam is what you should aim with, are they HID projectors? or halogen?

Halogen would probably put out the same light as stock lights, so use the guide in the car owners manual. it tells you how far to park from a wall, and how high they should be. and i recall someone having a HOW-TO on how to aim headlights.

again, aim low beam, not high beam. high is set to aim higher them low, so when low is aimed correctly, high will/should be correct, unless they're independent of one another.

SSRacer
12-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Aiming with the highs goes back years. Used to be you put marks on a wall even with your headlights. Then from 20 ft back, your highs should be on those spots. That's how I have always aimed my lights when the high and low are the same bulb.

Anyway, right now they are halogen, won't be getting the HIDs for a bit.

ancona46
12-17-2007, 11:48 AM
just take the factory adjustment screw off yours old lights that way u dont have to touch the aiming

SSRacer
12-17-2007, 11:56 AM
My factory light are long gone. Lost one in a wreck (a bus tried to merge into me and ripped my front bumper, etc. off with it's rear bumper) so I bought the black housing ones and now these.

boost21
12-17-2007, 01:05 PM
borrowed from hidplanet.comhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/haknslash2003/hid%20pics/hd2.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/linuxglobal/aiming--sortaJPGSMALLrevised-2nd.jpg

SSRacer
12-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks boost. Now if only it wasn't so GD cold out!