Benefits of a MAF [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of a MAF

TFA
12-21-2007, 10:04 AM
I did a little searching with no real help. My question is simply what are the benefits of buying an aftermarket MAF?

Bryan
12-21-2007, 11:04 AM
From what I've read in previous threads, you won't really notice any gains unless you're boosted, ported, etc.

OT: Are you just a medic? or firefighter too?

TFA
12-21-2007, 11:10 AM
both, thanks BTW lol

Bryan
12-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Full-time?

Sprucegagt
12-21-2007, 11:54 AM
I did a little searching with no real help. My question is simply what are the benefits of buying an aftermarket MAF?

There are no definite benefits. Some people report an increase in HP, others don't. Personally I wouldn't bother with one. Stock vehicles won't see much of a difference with one.

TFA
12-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Full-time?

Full time EMS, volunteer firefighter up here. Was a full time firefighter in orlando, FL. Soon to be again.

Ajaxus
12-21-2007, 08:34 PM
I own the Pro-M maf..the butt-dyno says it helps..my brain says it's bull****. Judging from the fact some of the fastest GA's on the site ran stock maf's in many cases..it isn't really worth getting. I'll probably sell mine off eventually.

SikMindz
12-21-2007, 08:41 PM
OT: Are you just a medic? or firefighter too?

Were you thinking of taking off your clothes for him? :amraam:

I have one but it's been so long that I don't remember if there was a diff. Coupled with the larger TB and port matched UIM I didn't see it hurting anything per se.

Bryan
12-21-2007, 09:49 PM
I was thinkin of lighting my ass hair on fire, then proceeding to act like I'm choking and see where it goes from there.:leg haa

But really, I'm going to school to become a firefighter/paramedic.

notsoaveragej0e
12-21-2007, 11:24 PM
I was thinkin of lighting my ass hair on fire, then proceeding to act like I'm choking and see where it goes from there.:leg haa

hopefully you'll be ALLOWED to take girls clothes off once you become one.

(sorry, it was bugging me)

TFA
12-22-2007, 04:49 AM

LOL. nice. good luck with school, once you start in tihs field, you will never want to go back. Im asking this because I have a few mods done as of now, exhaust, CIA, ect. However, im planning on getting either a 3500 top swap from milzy, or at the very minimum P&P UIM and LIM, and a larger TB, along with headers. And there is a good MAF for sale for cheap here on this forum, so i figured what the hell i would pick it up now for cheap so i didnt have to spend the money later, i was just wondering if there would be any real gains as of right now.

gectek
12-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Full time EMS, volunteer firefighter up here. Was a full time firefighter in orlando, FL. Soon to be again.

that would be a helluva long drive, maybe itll be one of those big retirement home fires

Ajaxus
12-22-2007, 10:15 PM
hopefully you'll be ALLOWED to take girls clothes off once you become one.

(sorry, it was bugging me)

it rarely happens with the young girls (talkin 18-20's)..only time i've seen it happen is if they soil their clothes after vomiting up their dinner..

if he's taking off clothes on women..it'll be elderly patients with heart problems, nobody wants to see those. ;crap