Headlight aiming problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Headlight aiming problem

woodplock7
12-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Hey ok i have a problem. When i put in my passenger side headlight i cant get the light to move down at all. Everything i do it the light either goes up farther or goes a wee bit lower. Im at the point right now that im blinding people. My drivers side is fine its just my passenger. Could it be that the body shop i took my car to got aftermarket fenders and front bumper when i got into and accedient? Could this be screwing up the alignment of the light?
heres some pics of how it is now.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd266/woodplock7/100_0334.jpg

is there a special way to get the light to move down? Also i noticed that the bottem black part (not sure what its called but its like the two other adjusters except for lower) doesnt touch anything when i put the headlight in. Thanks so much i REALLY dont want to be blinding people and i want to be able to actually use my passenger headlight!

nate2023
12-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Wow, that looks way off. are you sure the light is correctly attached to the car, maybe one of the clips is in the right way and one isn't even inserted right.

Bryan
12-21-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't think the aftermarket body parts would affect the ability to aim the headlight. Like said above, check to see that it's in all the way..are they aftermarket headlights? I know my black housing headlights sit funny, as do most others from what I've heard.

woodplock7
12-22-2007, 06:05 AM
well idk.... i think there the stock ones, But my driver side sits fine. I just cant get this one to go down at all. When i make it look flush the lights way up. IDK whats going on

bigstribs
12-22-2007, 06:59 AM
ever since i got into my accident they haven't sat right since and now i have a huge hood gap :(

SSRacer
12-22-2007, 07:00 AM
You may need to pull it off and screw in the lower adjuster. It has to be done with the light off the car. That should bring the aim down and the edge back into the fender.

Metallman56
12-22-2007, 07:03 AM
well idk.... i think there the stock ones, But my driver side sits fine. I just cant get this one to go down at all. When i make it look flush the lights way up. IDK whats going on

exact same thing happend to me, but on my drivers side. i even got a new headlight, and that didnt fix it. for right now i'll just go with it looking stupid, but in the summer, i might have to do the unthinkable, and take it in to a body shop.

woodplock7
12-22-2007, 07:38 AM
ok ill try your guys advice when i get back from the beach today! i really hope it works because it looks soooo dumb right now and im tired of blinding people on the road and not having any light output from the passenger side. :crying:

(thanks for helping me out everyone and not telling me to search :D)

boost21
12-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Try taking it out and putting it in again, I hate the way our lights attach, so many times just taking it out and putting it in again seems to work. Make sure all 3 of the mouting feet are correctly in the tracks.
Also when you got into the acccident did they replace the header panel? (black plastic panel the headlights attach to)

woodplock7
12-22-2007, 01:47 PM
ya im just going to keep trying to get that 3rd little bugger in... i cant seem to do it :\ i gotta go to work soon but im going to try again hopefully after work and see what i can do. Umm to be honest im not sure if they did or not but i do know that for the passenger (the side that had to be replaced) header panel thingy, the clip thats holds in the corner doesnt come out all the way. I dont htink this had anything to do with it though.

woodplock7
12-22-2007, 03:58 PM
ok so i finally beat my head light at its own game :D i got the little bugger in with the help of another. now things are aimed much better now and i cant wait to see how they look at night :D Thanks soooo much 2 everyone who posted here and helped me :D

BlackAttackGA
12-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Those headlights are a PITA!

SSRacer
12-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Truth...the GA headlight design blows