Rear Difroster [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rear Difroster

Metallman56
12-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Mine fell off. so i bought one of those kits from permatex, i think, to glue it back on. long story short it didnt work. i followed the directions to a t, but the damn thing just wouldnt stick back up there. i suppose it could have been the angle i was working at, and i just couldnt hold it up there like i needed to.

so my cousin bought one of the kits and wanted me to put his rear defroster back on his 01 jimmy. his stuck just fine. and he waited about a week before he tried to use it. it didnt work. tabs are on the right spot, and its got a great connection. it just doesnt work.

so i took mine into a auto glass shop and had them put it back on. i didnt know this but they solderd it back on. so thats the trick guys. if your falls off, then just solder it back on. i used mine that same night and it worked like a charm.

gectek
12-22-2007, 01:35 PM
so how did they solder it, just with a regular iron and solder? i think on another thread in here they were worried about the glass shattering due to the heat...i used that kit from permatex and it held for a while and worked until i went to throwing stuff around back there and broke it off again

woodplock7
12-22-2007, 02:30 PM
ya im curious to beacuse mines been off for about a year now lol and i just never got around to fixing it, even though i never use it anyways