Broken power window clips [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Broken power window clips

AuroraGuy
12-22-2007, 02:13 PM
My driver's front window fell into the door today. 00GAGT Coupe
I was able to successfully dissasemble everything.

The motor/cables are all fine. The white clip(s) appear to have broken.
The glass and epoxied metal bracket is fine though.

It seems I can possibly just order the clips?
Looks like GM # 22697622 and I would need 2 of those.

Can someone confirm this and is there ANY place besides a dealer to maybe get these? Everyone is closed now and most are closed until 12/26!

thanks

Rich
12-22-2007, 02:21 PM
i cant confirm the number but if you looked it up its probably right. depending on how bad you need it, www.gmpartsdirect.com has cheaper than dealer prices.

AuroraGuy
12-22-2007, 02:27 PM
From the looks of this...
I buy the new plastic pieces and slip them onto the metal bracket that bolts to the window?

People talk (via google) about having to epoxy things. I dont see that in this case as the metal part that the plastic slips into is 10mm nut onto the window metal bracket.

In theory I am hoping I can get new plastics...slip them into the sash wire ?? and then bolt them onto the window bracket (already epoxied onto the glass)....

I am not sure of the procedure as the stuff on the net tells you how to replace the ENTIRE assembly and in this case, I dont think I need to.

AuroraGuy
12-23-2007, 05:45 AM
Any thoughts on this?
Seems these are a pair and you just re-use the actual motor..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200186237904

I may have to suck it up and buy an entire thing at the dealer..as I cant be without this car....and I will bet the dealer doesnt stock just the clips.

Posts say to use 2 of part 22697622 for the driver's door and 22697623 for the passenger door. Looking at these clips (when I put them back to gether from breaking) - they are different. These are not identical on each side of the sash runners...so I am a bit confused how 2 of the same part numbers would work.
Maybe someone that just replaced these clips could chime in?

-JD

whoisryan
12-25-2007, 01:19 AM
actually i just did like 3 months ago.. and my other side just broke yesterday so i get to do it again... i orderd the 2 plastic clips and in my case the two metal pieces that they are attached to cuz they were broken too. the plastic clips dont just slide into the metal pieces. they bolt together and mine had glue also. wasnt hard at all... and thats sayin sumthin cuz im deff not the best with cars. did break a few plastic push ins from takin my door panel off so many times so be carefull with that good luck

AuroraGuy
12-25-2007, 05:22 AM
I went and got the entire kit from the dealer MINUS the motor.
$160 with discount.

30mins and back in action.