Brake Pedal Soft [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pedal Soft

Chevylover54
12-29-2007, 07:23 AM
The other day I was stopping at a stop sign. It was icy and snowy on the road so I started stopping a little early. I expected the ABS to kick in which it did. This stop sign was on the property of where I work so I really didn't have to use my brakes to much after that.

After work I got in my car and noticed as I was stopping the brake pedal was soft. Normally a soft brake pedal is because you have air in your line. However I didn't do anything to get air in the line. My fluid is full. I can pump the pedal and then they feel normal.

What could be the cause of this? Does it sound like a master cylinder problem? I can try to bleed the brakes but seeing I didn't do anything to get air in the lines, that doesn't seem like it would be the problem.

Thanks.

andrewe77
12-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Sounds like perhaps there was air in the ABS system that was released into the lines after the ABS system activated. I would try to get the brakes bled and if that doesn't work then look at the master cylinder.

williamGT
02-26-2008, 04:48 PM
mine does the same thing....I had my brakes put on almost 2 years, when I had my transmission put in 2 weeks ago I check the pads and there were fine 80%. Just 2 days ago when I stop in my car the pedal slowly goes to the floor....I hope its just air in my lines, also my fluid is full.