1995 Gt...... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Gt......

614GT95GA
01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
hey guys....im new to this website after giving the GAOC website a shot....im liking the fact that this one is dedicated solely to GT's.....but i found out my fuel pump is shot-after 13 years, its about time-at GAOC they told me i gota drop the exhaust-the duals get in the way????-and drop my tank to access the pump....my question that i couldnt get answered is this......is there ANYWAY to empty the tank of the fuel inside?? i got between a half and 3/4 of a tank of gas. I was told to "bite the bullet and drop the tank as is".....i dont wanna damage it and cause more problems than im already having. My car ran fine all last summer....then when it started gettin cold, my car didnt start. The next day-it started up fine....then that same night, she died and hasnt moved since. I know its the fuel pump because my whole interior is gutted to the bare metal (with the exception of the 2 front seats, center console and full dash)....there is absolutly no "humm" from the pump. Ive jacked my car up, crawled under it and had my brother turn the key-not start it, just on......no "humm".......im stumped and wanna get my GA back up and runnin for the new year. The fuse inside the cabin is fine, the relay looked fine. The car will start off of started spray, but shuts off after 3-4 seconds......any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you all.....

SikMindz
01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Siphon it out into a gas can?

GTsuper
01-08-2008, 02:51 PM
well on jack stands its gonna be a b*** but pop the inlet hose and put a garden hose in and start suckin or get a vaccum pump to do that part cuz it will be heavy

614GT95GA
01-08-2008, 03:04 PM
i was told i cant siphon the gas on my GA because of a bunch of rubber hoses coming off of the filler neck before they enter the actual tank....i considered that in the first place but got shot down when i heard siphoning wont work. I was gonna unhook one of the hoses and let it empty that way but once again....was told that wont work either.....

GTsuper
01-08-2008, 03:27 PM
u should be able to get at it by removing the filler hoses at the tank then siphone but let me look at some pics here quick

614GT95GA
01-08-2008, 03:57 PM
let me know if its possible......im gettin a new fuel pump this weekend and i got all week to get the gas out......the easier...the better.

DrFabulous
01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Welcome.... and this site isn't dedicated just to GT's, just to let you know.

iceman
01-08-2008, 04:46 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/announcement.php?f=22