starting probloem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : starting probloem

vernon
01-10-2008, 07:26 PM
i have a 02 grand am gt with thew 3.4 it has a esue it will start you drive it a mile and you turn it off and it want start back but if you let it sit a littile it will start and some time at slow speeds it will cut off . so i taken it to pep boy they replaced the crank eye electronic modual .wires and plugs and fuel filter it gives no codes and has good fuel presure so they say it may be key switch or ignetion wireing .has any one had this probloem and have a fix or has the manual and can help me with the switch removale and wireing i called the dealer they said there are many kinds of wiring so if any one know what theses have i would apreate it

drew_c14
01-12-2008, 07:19 AM
You said it will turn off and then not start. But then if you wait a while it will start up.

What is it doing to not start? Is it turning over at all? Is it just clicking? Or is it nothing at all, like not even lights?

stillriza
01-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Battery.. alternator not charging the batt? You can take them both and get tested at autozone...i think it's free down south as well.