question about fold down seats [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : question about fold down seats

guitarnewf
01-20-2008, 01:28 PM
hey all, I couldn't find a thread on here about it, but my grand am doesn't have fold down rear seats. I was looking at getting them installed and was wondering how much it would cost. I have a 2002 se. The hole is already there but the seat is one joined seat and doesn't fold down. it wiggles, but doesn't fold down. I know absolutely nothing about this as you can see from my description.

So any help would be good.

WeibSunder
01-20-2008, 05:08 PM
You have two fabric handles on the left side of your trunk behind your deck speakers.

If I remember right, all GA's have the folding back seats.

AaronGTR
01-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Yep, all grand ams have fold down seats. The release is inside the trunk under the rear deck. Two little pull straps.

Mike Jung
01-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Some GASE base models do not have folding back seats.

PhantomLover007
01-21-2008, 12:18 PM
The remote seat straps are fine when you are trying to put stuff in from the back, but it sucks having to get out of the car while working on something on the deck, open the trunk, pull the straps and push the seat backs forward some so they don't re-engage the locks, and then continue working on whet you were doing. The should have added pull tabs to the top of the seats too. Just my rant on the seats... ;crap

Rich
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Some GASE base models do not have folding back seats.

x2

you could probably just pick up some seats from a junk yard or something. there was a member on here who was actually looking for a non-folding seat but i think he sold his car.

guitarnewf
01-23-2008, 04:02 PM
yeah, I don't have the straps to pull down the seat, so I am pretty sure that they don't fold down. But how much would those seats run me? What's a general ball park of the price?