windshield fluid won't spray [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : windshield fluid won't spray

ramairgt19
01-21-2008, 06:44 AM
hey guys i live in toronto canada which has been very cold this past weekend .i think the fluid hole is frozen or something wrong fluid not spraying out.any tips on how to fix this problem thanks

AaronGTR
01-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Can you hear the actual pump running? You should be able to hear it buzzing. Listen next to the washer bottle with the engine off and have someone press the washer button inside if you have to. The pumps do fail occasionally (I've replaced mine before) so you want to rule that out.

If the pump is working, then it could be your lines are frozen. It would only do that if you left summer formula windshield cleaner in the bottle. The winter formula has more alcohol in it so the freezing point is much lower, so you should always remember to fill it with de-icer formula before it gets cold. If the lines are frozen then only thing you can do is get the car inside someplace warm until they melt, then change out the fluid in the bottle and run the winter stuff through the lines so they won't freeze again.

Tonyyank
01-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Fill it up ;)

ramairgt19
01-21-2008, 07:50 AM
actually forgot to say its coming out of one but not the other one so its working i think somehow the line is frozen on the one side and its filled with winter fuild

Tonyyank
01-21-2008, 08:25 AM
I found that even the good stuff will freeze up in this really cold weather....it could be just that. If not, then try replace in that line thats not working, might have gotten blocked up some how.

If you have a garage warm the car up in there or hit it with a hair dryer.....

Mike Jung
01-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Yup, I'll repeat what the guys said above.

1st fill-up your windsheild fluid bottle with winter de-icer windsheild fluid.
The cheaper blue -40C/F can still freeze up, when it really is cold.

Park your GA inside a warmer inside garage for a few hours.
or
Hit the windsheild fluid spray nozzles with a hair dryer.

PS: You call this cold ? lol
Sure it was windy (wind chill factor was -25C/-13F), but the air temperature outside wasn't that cold (at -13.5C/7.7F).
We have had colder before.

Tonyyank
01-21-2008, 12:55 PM
And thats in the summer time :D

pauljs75
01-30-2008, 09:56 PM
That little rubber hose going along the wiper arm didn't break, did it? Had that happen on mine one time before.

GTLUVA
01-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Welcome to my world! I park the Saturn in the garage every night its not a heated garage but its still alot warmer and my window wash fluid refuses to come out. One day on the way to Oshkosh to school I had to stop by 3 gas stations on the way because after being sprayed by big trucks I couldn't see where I was going. Then last week I got gas and my fuel door refused to shut. I had to drive down the highway for about 25 miles till I got to my Saturn dealer to put some strong lubricant to shut the damn thing the joys of a power gas door. Well I can't help it's 40 below zero every day. It's so cold outisde the rocker panels are falling off on my new G6 which was just built in December 07. Oh well I'm covered till 2011 on any repairs and till 2013 on my powertrain.

cardude007617
01-30-2008, 10:44 PM
PS: You call this cold ? lol
Sure it was windy (wind chill factor was -25C/-13F), but the air temperature outside wasn't that cold (at -13.5C/7.7F).
We have had colder before.

psh, we had -4 *Ffor a temp today, and wind chills to -25*F :)

bigstribs
01-30-2008, 11:16 PM
bout the same here windy as hell and -25 below

and how the h3ll does a side skirt just fall off?