Help with road noise [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help with road noise

The JoKeR
01-22-2008, 11:04 PM
I have a weird and VERY ANNOYING problem with my driver's side door. Whenever I'm driving over 35 MPH, I can hear air coming through the door at the top of the door. It gets extremly annoying because it whistles right beside my ear. The weird thing is when I crack the sunroof open, the noise goes away. I'm assuming this is because the airflow is taking the path of least resistance....I have a 2004 coupe and it only does this on the driver's side door. Any ideas on what it could be? The door seal looks to be fine (compared to passenger side), window rolls up as fast as the first day I drove the car off the lot. This problem only started about 2 months ago and nothing has been done to the car since then. Any help is appreciated!

stewartfn18
01-23-2008, 12:22 AM
you know, i also have an 04 coupe and i have the same problem. This is my solution: turn the music up louder.lol

gaowners32
01-23-2008, 08:22 AM
Same here ............Music up FTW

Also check the rubber seals between the door for cracks and lack of suction I guess.

The JoKeR
02-01-2008, 10:35 PM
**UPDATE**

Well I went out and bought a new door seal from the dealership and replaced it. This did NOT fix the problem. The only thing I can thing of now is my door is actually bent at the top. Comparing it to the passenger side door, there is a larger gap between the windshielf and the door on the drivers side. I live in a place that regularly get 40 MPH winds so I think it may be wind damage to the car. Only other thing I can think of is adjusting the door so it shuts tighter, but I am not sure if this is possible.

WeibSunder
02-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Roll your window down, take a dollar bill and close it in the door and check the resistance as you move it from the A pillar to the B pillar.