2 semi technical questions - HID's/ Security Light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 2 semi technical questions - HID's/ Security Light

Graxall
01-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Ok so i have a automatic start on my car i got about 6monthes ago now. And when i use the automatic start, and put the heat/ac on, the security light comes on. Only if i use the ac/heat when i auto started it. If i didnt auto start and use the ac/heat its fine...Any suggestions?

Also with HID's if I got the black clear corner headlights, you think there would be less reflection and better output then stock since its bouncing around off that silver?
Been a while since i posted looking for advice on here haha

00 GA GT
01-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Not sure about the security light but the HID's will be fine, it is all chrome except the bottom, maybe a little less output but not much.

Graxall
01-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Not sure about the security light but the HID's will be fine, it is all chrome except the bottom, maybe a little less output but not much.

What do you mean they will be fine? I already have them. What im asking is if I get the black clear corner headlights if the output would be better than stock headlights because black doesnt deflect as much as silver/chrome would

Grreen99GT
01-25-2008, 10:08 AM
no output is worse with the black/clear corners but its not by that much, it probably wouldn't be noticeable at all if you had hids

pontga00
01-25-2008, 10:53 AM
I've had a constant security light since my remote starter was installed over 4 years ago. It has never been a problem. Kind of annoying to always see it, but other than that, the car has always started.

Graxall
01-25-2008, 11:05 AM
I've had a constant security light since my remote starter was installed over 4 years ago. It has never been a problem. Kind of annoying to always see it, but other than that, the car has always started.

Yea same here, no problems but its just on sometimes. Annoying in the winter only cuz the only reason i auto start the car is to have the heat on lol so its always on.

ryanbgb22
01-25-2008, 11:18 AM
The glare isnt as bad with black housings. Light output is worse. Your still going to be annoying to oncoming drivers though.

Graxall
01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
The glare isnt as bad with black housings. Light output is worse. Your still going to be annoying to oncoming drivers though.

Im not worried about oncomming drivers, i have had HIDs for like 2yrs and never got flashed for them. How could output be worse if there is less for the light to reflect off of and its teh same lense?

SSRacer
01-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Light output is worse BECAUSE of less reflective material. Less of the light produced by the bulb is actually going to make it out to the road ahead of you because less of it is reflected out. I had those lights with the stock halogen bulbs and output was quite a bit less than the stockers.

As for the security light, just take your gauge panel apart and put tape over it :D