Maf Low Resistance Sensor is new and clean [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Maf Low Resistance Sensor is new and clean

alerored04
02-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey guys, my 01 alero has been throwing a maf code lately. I removed the maf and cleaned it, that did not help. I bought a new MAF that helped for about a week. The code is back and i cannot figure out what to look at next. I checked the wiring and the connectors, both are fine and clean. I had a CAI but switched it to a short ram after replacing the MAF since i thought that sucking up the road salt contributed to the failure of my first MAF. Could having the filter clamped right to the end of the sensor be causing the code? This thing is making me really angry since the maf is not working it is shifting and starting hard so this needs to be resolved. I feel like this is killing my tranny and i know it is killing my mileage. Any one have ideas?

AaronGTR
02-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Do you know what the code is? That would help with the diagnosis. Electrical problems are always tough to track down. Even if the MAF and connector are good, it can be a break in the wire somewhere else, so you might have to get a multimeter and check wires for continuity to make sure the circuit is good. A bad wire doesn't happen often but it's possible.

alerored04
02-04-2008, 01:17 PM
i will go get the code read tomorrow and see.

SSRacer
02-04-2008, 01:48 PM
My K&N filter is attached right to the MAF and I have never had a problem, so I would doubt that that is part of the issue.

alerored04
02-04-2008, 03:25 PM
well that sucks. I figured that wasnt the problem but i was hoping. Yesterday after checking my wiring connections on my maf harness extension and finding them fine i decided to re solder them anyway. Still not fixed.

I)ark-ChiLD
02-11-2008, 08:19 AM
update?

alerored04
02-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Found a wire broken at the plug to the maf. I guess i didn't inspect it well enough the first time. Replaced that section and it runs perfect.