Need help fast, Engine mount bracket broken [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need help fast, Engine mount bracket broken

GT_turbo
02-04-2008, 05:21 PM
This is weird, but I was driving my car today and while I was at WOT my engine mount bracket broke. The engine mount itself didn't break, but the part which the engine mount connects to the engine broke. Really weird. Anyone hadd this happen before. Its in a tight location and looks like I might have to pull the whole engine to get to the bracket. Any help is very appreciated.

SSRacer
02-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Maybe with boost and WOT a shift jerked the engine too hard.

GT_turbo
02-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah I understand that, I was just wondering if its an hour job to fix or if I have to pull the engine its pretty tight in that area.

AaronGTR
02-04-2008, 11:18 PM
There's only one mount that actually mounts to the engine. That's the one on the passenger side that goes from the front of the engine to the frame rail. That's not a tight spot so I'll assume you aren't talking about that one. The rest of the engine is supported by the transmission, and the other three mounts are transmission mounts for the front, side, and rear. The hardest one to get is the rear one, but you can still get it out without pulling the engine. There might be some other things you have to remove or loosen to get to it though. It would help if we knew exactly what part was broken. All the trans mounts have three parts. A side that attaches to the sub-frame or uni-body, and part that attaches to the tranny, and a bolt that goes between them through the rubber insert in one side. Which part is it and how is it broken?

GT_turbo
02-05-2008, 12:15 AM
The mount that is broken is the front one on the passenger side. The mount itself is not broken... I'll attach this picture and show you. I have no clue now it broke. It is broken in half on this piece right the the left of that bolt.

AaronGTR
02-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Ah, ok it's the engine mount bracket that bolts to the front engine cover. It should come right off once the bolts are out. It shouldn't be that hard to get too. You might not be able to get a ratchet and socket on them, but a ratcheting wrench or normal box wrench should fit. Worst case you might have to put a jack under the front of the oil pan and tilt the engine up a little, but you don't have to pull the whole engine just to replace that.

cobrajeff92
02-06-2008, 06:01 AM
ive broken it 2 times. it was caused by when i had the interceptor shift kit thing. with all the line pressure and the engine slaming i broke it. after the second time i upgraded the bolts and havnt had a prob.

GT_turbo
02-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks guys, yeah simple fix. Good to know Im not the only one busting parts like this.

bigray122
06-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Ah, ok it's the engine mount bracket that bolts to the front engine cover. It should come right off once the bolts are out. It shouldn't be that hard to get too. You might not be able to get a ratchet and socket on them, but a ratcheting wrench or normal box wrench should fit. Worst case you might have to put a jack under the front of the oil pan and tilt the engine up a little, but you don't have to pull the whole engine just to replace that.
Does anyone have a part number for this?

westerndragon
06-15-2010, 05:59 PM
ouch WOT on those mounts is hard if your going to replace it upgrade it so your not doing it a second time

DrFabulous
06-15-2010, 06:14 PM
ouch WOT on those mounts is hard if your going to replace it upgrade it so your not doing it a second time

Notice that the thread was from 2 years ago? Its probably already been replaced.

westerndragon
06-15-2010, 06:33 PM
didnt look at the date it was up when i clicked "new posts"

DrFabulous
06-16-2010, 08:07 AM
didnt look at the date it was up when i clicked "new posts"

Yes, because "bigray" brought the thread up from the dead.