BCM Question-Just Replaced Blower Motor [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : BCM Question-Just Replaced Blower Motor

spfury
02-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi, I just replaced my blower motor and resistor and when I slid the BCM off the bracket I noticed there was a black wire that is taped to the side of the Body Control Module and the other end was loose, the loose end was flat and almost looked like a thermal Couple. THe dealer had replaced the BCM under warranty, but anyway, can anyone tell me what the wire is and where it should go or be located at? It isn't frayed or anything and the car ran perfectly on test drive but want to make sure I put this thing together right, since the car is so picky about everything, I dont want to cause more thant he normal GA problems. THanks.

Malaclypse
02-09-2008, 07:47 PM
I've seen said wire a couple times on older replacement BCMs from Delco. I believe its an antenna for the keyless entry.

The later model BCMs have the option of internal or external keyless entry. The internal version uses that wire for an antenna. The external version relies on communication from the vehicles Remote Control Door Lock Reciever.

spfury
02-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks, does it matter where I route it to? Keyless was working fine tonight, but dont want to hurt anything.

Malaclypse
02-09-2008, 10:17 PM
It shouldn't matter considering the position of the module.

Your car may or may not use that antenna. Depends on the year, really.