'98 GT Tune Up [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : '98 GT Tune Up

bdk825
02-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Hey,
I've got a 1998 GA GT with just over 137,000 miles. I've never given the car a "tune up" and figure it's about time. So I'm looking at replacing the spark plugs and wires but am not sure if it's even worth it for me to try because of the engine alignment. (A mechanic may have told me as much a while back.) The three plugs in front are easy enough to get at but I can't even really see where the other three are. Anyone else know the specific locations of the other plugs and the best way to get at them? Would I be better off just taking the car in?

Also is there any other parts I should look at replacing based on the mileage? I replaced the engine belt about a year ago and have replaced some other things as needed.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Falke401
02-11-2008, 11:10 AM
just find your coil pack and follow the wires to the back of the motor. They will go to the 3 plugs in the back. I know on my 3.4, changing the plugs was pretty easy, they are just on the back of the motor. You might need an extension on your socket wrench to get to the plugs.
I would consider changing the coolant and oil if you have not. Fuel filter, check the brakes...the list can go on depending on how much money you want to spend and how anal you are about your car.

bdk825
02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
thanks, it's a little chilly up here in MI but once we get back into the double digits I'll get out in the garage and check it out.