throttle body replacement?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : throttle body replacement??

jurgs2007
02-11-2008, 06:49 PM
i am attempting to replace my stock throttle body with a 62mm performance throttle body... the issue i came into is the stock throttle body has an anti-freeze line running through it, but the performance one does not. how do i deal with this? is the new one the wrong one, or is there a way i can block off or bypass the antifreeze line?

i got the throttle body from mp racing.

bigstribs
02-11-2008, 07:11 PM
run a bypass tube from the nipples or you can by a custom one from milzy motorsports! check out the site :)

angrysk8r
02-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Just run a small piece of coolant hose from nipple to nipple and keep them in place with a couple small hose clamps. Probably only $5 all together at your local parts stores.

Here's a pic of what I did some time ago.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/angrysk8r/upperplenum.jpg

jurgs2007
02-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Just run a small piece of coolant hose from nipple to nipple and keep them in place with a couple small hose clamps. Probably only $5 all together at your local parts stores.

Here's a pic of what I did some time ago.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/angrysk8r/upperplenum.jpg

cool. thanks. now one more question... how do i go about doing that without getting drenched in anti-freeze without draining the entire system?

and another question.. i just installed a tuned pcm from mp racing, and now my car doesnt want to start.. any solutions? is there anything i have to do after i unstall it?

cardude007617
02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
side note-
we could really use a how to on installing aftermarket TBs. i know 60*V6 has one, but it would be nice to have one here too

stewartfn18
02-12-2008, 03:11 PM
side note-
we could really use a how to on installing aftermarket TBs. i know 60*V6 has one, but it would be nice to have one here too

yea i think that would be a cool idea as well. Or we could go the extra mile and insted of having a "how to" just to fix things, there could be a "how to" for mods as well. Just an idea.

lightningGA
02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
.. i just installed a tuned pcm from mp racing, and now my car doesnt want to start.. any solutions? is there anything i have to do after i unstall it?

You need to do the Security Relearn Procedure:

SECURITY RELEARN PROCEDURE

In the event that your vehicle fails to start after installing the DHP 1.0 PCM, you will need to perform the Security Relearn Procedure. This procedure allows the PCM to function properly in your vehicle. Follow the steps listed below completely.

1. Attempt to start the car by turning the key to the Start/Run Position.
2. Observe that the vehicle fails to start and that the security light is illuminated.
3. Release key to the 'ON/Accessory' Position. (DO NOT turn key to the 'off' position.)
4. Allow the vehicle to sit with the key in the 'ON/Accessory' Position for no less than 11 minutes.
5. Turn key to off position and allow the vehicle to remain in the 'OFF' position for no less than 30 seconds.
6. Repeat #1 - #5 for 3 cycles.
7. On 4th attempt, car should start.

NOTE : Since this is a fairly long procedure, I would limit all electrical sources, such as disconnecting headlights, to prevent discharge of battery.

NOTE 2 : It is SAFE to wait LONGER than the allotted time, but it is not safe to wait less time. I.e. 12 minutes instead of 11 minutes should be safe; however, waiting 10 minutes instead of 11 minutes is not safe.

Properly executed, this procedure should take approximately 35 minutes to complete.

MilzyZ34
02-13-2008, 09:00 PM
run a bypass tube from the nipples or you can by a custom one from milzy motorsports! check out the site :)

http://www.milzymotorsports.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MMS&Product_Code=ModHeaterTube

This is the tube I sell. i just added it to the site this week. This is the cleanest way to eliminate the bypass. You can loop the tubes if you'd like, but this looks better and eliminates restriction in the tube caused by the bypass tubes which protrude into the heater tube.