A Few Questions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions

llsht14
02-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Ok well now that my car is in the shop gettin the new front end and sc/t hood. I figured it was time to fix some of the other problems with the car. Now i have searched around for about a day and havent really found the answer that i have been looking for. If anyone can tell me where the best place to get these things then i would appreciate it alot.

First, i decided it was time to get new plugs and wires. So i went with msd 8.5mm red ones with NGK Iridium plugs. Then after i got to thinking i also decided why take the time and paint my coil packs red if im prolly going to have to replace them sometime in the future anyways. So i was thinkin about replacing them with the msd coil packs that are already red. So if anyone is selling some of these at a decent price or knows a good place to get them let me know.

Next, I bought some new drivinglights. Just cheap ones at walmart but i have heard good things about them. They have H3 bulbs in them and there 55 watt. How would i go about hooking these up so that they operate just like my old foglights. So i dont have a seperate switch that i will forget to turn off. I want them to turn on when my low beams come on and turn off when my highbeams come on.

And last I want to get a engine cover and get it airbrushed like the one person on here with red flames instead of blue. Can anyone on here do that for me on here or would i have to take it locally around here.

SSRacer
02-18-2008, 01:24 PM
As for the driving lights, just connect their power wire to the power wire from the factory fogs. That's all I did.

Mike Jung
02-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Don't get "Driving Lights".

Get "Fog Lights"; unless you want to blind everyone on the road.

Driving lights are made to be used when the highbeams are on, or off-roading.

Difference between a fog light & a driving light (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66209)

Pinnacle
02-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Stick with the original coil packs they are strong. I already had a pack go out on me in just 7 months using MSDs.

paint em red I wanna see how that will look :)

llsht14
02-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Now if say i wired them up to where my old fogs were and since they are 55 watt will this do anything to my wiring or anything. Will it pull to much power from the stock wiring?

llsht14
02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Now i have another idea. It will run me about 480 bucks. I already plan on gettin a pilot BI-XENON kit. So both my hi beam and low beam will be hid. Now if i take thse aftermarket driving lights and swap out the bulb for a h3 Hid kit from pilot. Will this be a really good amount of light. And can i just wire the new H3 hid kit to the old fog connections so that they will just power up with my low beams and go off with my highs?