headlight problems?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : headlight problems??

jurgs2007
02-18-2008, 04:35 PM
ok, so my service vehicle soon light came on yesterday... well come to find out that my driver side headlight doesnt work on bright, but the dim does... only on dim. so today i bought a new bulb and installed it. when i tested it, the bright beam still didnt work.so i checked the connection to the bulb to make sure it was connected all the way, and it is. next i checked all the fuses that have to do with headlights, and they are all fine.

so.... i have 2 guesses... wiring, or relay... anybody have any suggestions or any clue what the problem might be?

gaowners32
02-18-2008, 04:57 PM
probably the wiring harness is this with your projector head lights?

Comment: Remove the fake hood vents they look like ass!

jurgs2007
02-18-2008, 06:23 PM
ok, so what do i do then, replace the entire harness? and no, i have regular headlights again for now till my new projectors arrive... i hit a deer and it left my projector headlights in pieces...

and i dont plan on removing the hood vents till i get a new hood... i been looking at different hoods, but cant really afford them right about now.. but if you want to help me invest in a new hood i wouldnt mind... :p

jurgs2007
03-02-2008, 06:14 AM
ok, so i still havent been able to fix the problem.. ive replaced the driving light relays and checked all the fuses. i ran a ground wire directly from the bulb to the frame, and the bulb turns on bright and stays on even when the lights are shut off. so my guess is somewhere there must be another relay or automatic switch that is somewhere in the ground wire that is not working to complete the circit. would anyone know if i am anywhere close to being on the right track?