Transmission problms [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Transmission problms

98GTMAN
02-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Ok hear goes... my 98 gt is having transmission problms.
This is whats going on...
For the most part it runs fine but every now and then when i get into the gas it seems like the transmisson slips and it revs all the way to red line if i dont let off the gas, but when i let off the gas it seems to be fine i dont have a clue whats wrong, It dont happen all the time, but it it only seems to happen when im taking off or going about 55 MPH and i slam on the gas.... so if you got some info for me on how to solv it that would be great

baker07
02-19-2008, 12:24 PM
check your trans fluid if u see little flakes n metal or burn fluid u should try flushing the tranns n replace fliter, how many miles u have on it?

98GTMAN
02-19-2008, 12:27 PM
a little over 150,000 it runs great but thats really the only major problm with it

98GTMAN
02-19-2008, 01:52 PM
ok i just got back from the shop and they told me that a trans flush would not really do any thing for me... they told me that to rebuild and labor would run me about a week... is that worth the price or are they just riping me off???

heeroyue2002
02-19-2008, 02:05 PM
thats what happened to me when my tranny went out. I barely pressed the gas and it would redline so i had to slowly easy in the gas and it would take forever to move. it only went good at around 65+ -_-. quoted the shops around and they gave me 2k+ to rebuild. One told me 1400ish to replace with a low milage one so i went with that. But during the instal they neeed new mounts and so on cuz i only had one they said o.0 finally price 1800

98GTMAN
02-19-2008, 02:14 PM
well I think im just going to get it rebuilt and what not but im going to look around first so i can get a good deal and what not. if any one has a trans laying around for sale for a 98 gt 2 door let me know