New Here [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New Here

Black Knight
03-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Hey Im Nathan. Im 19 and tomorrow I sign the papers for my 2004 Grand Am GT. I assume its an SC/T. Info on what an SC/T is would help me lol. I work full time at a GM Dealership in the Body Shop, so this car already gets alot of physical mods, just not applied. I own several other cars also and am a huge gearhead. Anyways I took some pics after cleaning it up and hand polishing the wheels.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb105/cougrrr302/027.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb105/cougrrr302/031.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb105/cougrrr302/015.jpg

PhantomLover007
03-10-2008, 10:30 PM
The SC/T model Grand Am is just a regular GT w/ a different hood and different spoiler. None of the mods that were supposed to go into the "production" models were actually installed (i.e.: turbo sway bars, etc.)

Anyway..*welcome*

and the SEARCH button is you friend... lol

williamGT
03-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Welcome:) just like what Matthew said '' the SEARCH button is your friend"

williamGT
03-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Your GAGT is a 2004, I wonder why it has the older GT wheels

Rich
03-10-2008, 10:35 PM
welcome. got any plans?

Black Knight
03-10-2008, 10:37 PM
So mine is an SC/T?? I like these wheels, I am not a fan of the fan blade looking ones. I've been reading on here the last week or so while I was test driving the car, I just couldnt really find what exactly SC/T meant. I've got lots of plans for this car. My truck was my first real Custom car, lots of metal work done by myself. I love this car. I couldnt let pass it up, so Im buying it haha.

Rich
03-10-2008, 10:39 PM
yep. you have an sc/t. theres also an sc/t lip kit (that was on the original sc/t concept cars) you can buy. thats what i have. most agree its teh sex.

Black Knight
03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
welcome. got any plans?

Lots...

Halo "Angel Eye" headlights and fog lights.
Grill Inserts....iffy about painting them Fusion Orange...Photoshop anyone?
Tint front windows, tailights, and bumper reverse lights.
SLP exhaust tips, looking at different mufflers
I might swap my system from my truck to the GT
Power mods I am researching highly. Im thinking about a Supercharger. Eaton or Paxton from what I know.

My Cougar is what Im trying to finish and my truck has a bad habit of breaking down(146,000 miles do that in). This is the DD for now, but it will get PLENTY of attention.

I have seen the lip on a few cars. I LOVE YOUR WHEELS!!! Those are the Grand Prix GXP wheels?? or are those Solstice wheels?

BTW I love the quick response time you have here haha. Not many forums are like that.

williamGT
03-10-2008, 10:42 PM
So mine is an SC/T?? I like these wheels, I am not a fan of the fan blade looking ones. I've been reading on here the last week or so while I was test driving the car, I just couldnt really find what exactly SC/T meant. I've got lots of plans for this car. My truck was my first real Custom car, lots of metal work done by myself. I love this car. I couldnt let pass it up, so Im buying it haha.
Its just the SC/T package....GM made a Grand Am SC/T concept car, with supercharger and SC/T hood and spoiler, lower side skirts, front chin spoiler and rear bumper extenstion.
Only thing that your car has is the SC/T Hood and spoiler so Its called GT1.
My car was just a plain 2002 Grand Am GT now I have the SC/T hood and spoiler.

Oh I think SC/T means Super Car/ Touring

williamGT
03-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Heres a thread on exhaust clips.
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70858

Rich
03-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Lots...

Halo "Angel Eye" headlights and fog lights.
Grill Inserts....iffy about painting them Fusion Orange...Photoshop anyone?
Tint front windows, tailights, and bumper reverse lights.
SLP exhaust tips, looking at different mufflers
I might swap my system from my truck to the GT
Power mods I am researching highly. Im thinking about a Supercharger. Eaton or Paxton from what I know.

My Cougar is what Im trying to finish and my truck has a bad habit of breaking down(146,000 miles do that in). This is the DD for now, but it will get PLENTY of attention.

I have seen the lip on a few cars. I LOVE YOUR WHEELS!!! Those are the Grand Prix GXP wheels?? or are those Solstice wheels?

BTW I love the quick response time you have here haha. Not many forums are like that.

eh finding an eaton for the V6 is hard. there are less than 10 in exsistance, unless youre gonna do something custom.

thanks. my wheels are italia inox's. they dont make them anymore unfortunately.

this site is full of post whores. therell be plenty of posts :thumbs:

Black Knight
03-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Its just the SC/T package....GM made a Grand Am SC/T concept car, with supercharger and SC/T hood and spoiler, lower side skirts, front chin spoiler and rear bumper extenstion.
Only thing that your car has is the SC/T Hood and spoiler so Its called GT1.
My car was just a plain 2002 Grand Am GT now I have the SC/T hood and spoiler.

Alright haha. Finally to clear up that confusion. I read up on the SC/T concept car. I'll keep with the GT1 lol. I have some custom paint ideas for the hood and spoiler. Fusion Orange on the Midnight Black should look pretty good I think.

Thanks for the link to exhaust clips.

williamGT
03-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Alright haha. Finally to clear up that confusion. I read up on the SC/T concept car. I'll keep with the GT1 lol. I have some custom paint ideas for the hood and spoiler. Fusion Orange on the Midnight Black should look pretty good I think.

Thanks for the link to exhaust clips.
Your welcome, thers a photo shop section in this forum. Post a pic of your car and someone will try to photo shop it.

Black Knight
03-10-2008, 10:52 PM
eh finding an eaton for the V6 is hard. there are less than 10 in exsistance, unless youre gonna do something custom.

Well I can deal with coming up with performance Ideas. If I can manage to keep my truck without having to sell it to pay off the GT I plan to Twin Turbo the 4.3L.

Im used to the post whore thing. Im on about 5 forum sites for my various cars. Ive got 6 more project cars sitting around. My dads 70 Chevelle is by far my favorite.

I'll find some wheels sooner or later. I like the Eagle 077s but I dare to be different. I'll stick with stock for awhile though. This car is just amazingly nice and it has the performance to match my truck which I love.

williamGT
03-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Another helpful link for you.
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71671&highlight=grand+faster

Ajaxus
03-10-2008, 11:00 PM

somebody say postwhore?

ramair4thesoul
03-10-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm a whore...a postwhore.
I'm interested in seeing what the cougar looks like, those cars have lots of potential. Post some pics of it in the gallery.

ramair4thesoul
03-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Here is a pic of a girl I know's cougar.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/spectacle1stlady/DSC00920.jpg
Right now the whole driver quarter pannel is caved in. Ha ha.

Black Knight
03-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah....my Cougar looks nothing like that. Its an 84. Fox Body Style. It is in immaculate shape, just that 5.0 needs to push some more ponies to really get up and go like the Stangs do. I love the fact that its based off of the Stang platform but has the luxury of a Lincoln. I'll post what pics I have of it, which are few. I keep it in the garage at the moment because of winter.

Black Knight
03-10-2008, 11:43 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?p=967242#post967242
Posted pics of the Sonoma and Cougar there. The S10 wheels in the one pic I borrowed off of an S10 the dealer had. I really need to get in the engine bay and remove the smog pump and alot of that wiring on the Cougar. The truck and Cougar are on hold for awhile til I pay off a good chunk of the GT. The truck just needs the tail pipes bent and installed and a few odds and ends like brake pads. I am still planning on shaving the tailgate, just have been working on my custom hood for it, and my cousins mini chopper too much. We need a fabrication sub forum. I have lots of metal working projects going on.

ramair4thesoul
03-10-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm assuming the sonoma has a 4.3. I'll post some pics of my sonoma. I think you would like it.

Black Knight
03-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Yep, the 4.3 Vortec. At the moment Im running no muffler. I had a Flowmaster, but I cut it back off to reweld everything. It HAS to be done right. I love the factory lowered suspension, the V6 and the 5 speed, thats what sold me on it. Plus the 16x8 wheels will spin like motherf*****s and I love it!

ramair4thesoul
03-11-2008, 12:21 AM
I just posted some pics in the gallery. The 4.3 in 2wheel drives are bad ass.

timka86
03-11-2008, 07:13 AM
welcome, You are a member of G6performance.com right? you PM'd me over there on how to join, nice to see that you figured it out:) j/k

mattamd_xp
03-11-2008, 08:51 AM
nice to see a new member that already has some plans for his GA. Welcome and nice cars :)

Black Knight
03-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Yes yes lots of plans. Thank you, I take pride in my rides. I'll get more pics of them this week. I signed all the papers today, the GA is MINE!!!

PhantomLover007
03-11-2008, 03:08 PM

Sport Coupe/Turbo