Found a motor [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Found a motor

Falke401
03-18-2008, 09:44 PM
At work today I saw we had a 3400 motor!!!! I was shocked! I dont knnow the condition, miles or anything, but I think in a week or two im going to tear it down and see.
What should i do with it? I was thinking pulling the heads and intake to have ported and get reworked. Maybe rebuild the whole motor and put it in my car. My car has 94,000 miles on it now.

stewartfn18
03-19-2008, 09:31 AM
my suggestion would be that if no one claims it, take it and biuld it up. its gonna be a lot easier with the motor out of the car. I mean cam, obvoiusly custom length pushrods, and while you're down there, new lifters as well. P&P the heads, LS6 valve springs, steel retainers, Bore the block maybe, oversized pistons or rings(whatever you do to compensate, im not sure), 65 mm Tb, P&P the manifolds, crank scraper, PCM tune from MP Racing, THE WORKS. Check out MP Racing and WOT Tech websites. you can get mostly everything you will need there. IMO since you didnt have to pay for the motor(im assuming), go for the NA time record.

gaowners32
03-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Sweet bro if the motor is FREE go all out depending how much mileage this motor already has.