coolant bypass pipe (need proper name) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : coolant bypass pipe (need proper name)

MBrearley
03-19-2008, 06:27 PM
I think I may have the name wrong and I really want to avoid going to a dealer as they inflate the prices. I have a 2001 Pontiac GrandAm GT V6, 3400. The bypass pipe that comes out of the top of the water pump. It's all rusted out and has started leaking right near the water pump. If anyone can point me to a online site or at least give me the proper name, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks...

--
Mike

stewartfn18
03-20-2008, 12:20 AM
nothing says if you go there to ask for a part you have to buy it. what i do is i have a question like this one i go in and ask what the part name is and get a quote, then walk out. Then i got my answer. But i cant help you out on this one. i know what you're talkin about but i dont know what its called. Someone will chime in.

Malaclypse
03-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Its called a coolant bypass pipe. Sometimes also reffered to as a heater bypass pipe. It runs from the timing cover to the heater core inlet hose.

MBrearley
03-21-2008, 05:42 AM
I can't find anything on gmpartsdirect.com. I guess at this point I will have to follow the advice to get a quote from a dealer on the part just so I can get a part number.

Thanks...