HELP: HVAC, 1-5 settings out, SVS on what could it be [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HELP: HVAC, 1-5 settings out, SVS on what could it be

Medchem
03-20-2008, 07:46 PM
This is my first thread and I am so excited to share my situation.

I own a 2000 Grand Am SE, about two weeks ago I notice when I cranked my car in the mornings, the car would start just fine but there was a delay with the indicators on the dash board and the chime sound. At that point the SVS light came on and stayed on. Well I read the manual and it indicated that there was probably a problem with my DRL and/or ARL. Well all lights are working daytime and nighttime just fine.

The issue above still happens every so often, but something new started last week. I started my car on a chilly night, everything came on just right, no SVS light until...I turned on my heater to setting 2. I heard the blower for about 1-2 secs and then nothing and the SVS light came on, OK. Well I read some posting about the HVAC, checking the fuses, maybe its the blower resistor going out, and 1-4 could be out and 5 working. For my car none of the settings work sometimes. Weird, I know. What I mean about sometimes is; when I checked the fuses all seemed well, so I turned on my heater and all settings worked, blower was blowing and no SVS. The next day I crank the car no SVS, turned on the heater to setting 1 nothing and SVS on???

I really want to get to the button of this but I don't want to pay the dealership $145 dollars to tell me something simply. So I am hoping somebody can help!!!

Thanks for any leads.

HaVoK~DOGZ~
03-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Damn my car has done that before.. there being a delay with the indicators on the dashboard and chime sound... but no svs light for me... im getting my car checked by my local mechanic so if i find anything out ill let u know

Medchem
03-26-2008, 01:58 PM
DId you find out any answers with your car that could help me?

04GrandAM SC/T
03-26-2008, 02:19 PM
If you can, test the voltage to your blower motor. You might have a short to it. Check all your wires for lose connections and what not. It can be several things. Let me know. Im currently in a class for Hvac. I might be able to help you out.