New Struts- Harsh Front End [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : New Struts- Harsh Front End

FastlaneV6GT
03-21-2008, 03:16 PM
So yesterday I got new KYB GR2s installed on all 4 corners, along with new front strut mounts and a 4-wheel alignment. They werent able to complete the front alignment because they ran out of cam bolts, so it pulls a little to the left (i'm going back today in about an hour and they're going to put that in and fix the alignment).

Anyway, the back end feels smooth, but the front end seems a little bumpy and harsh. You get a little more feedback thru the steering wheel and feel the road vibrations slightly more than before.

Question is: Will the struts "break themselves in" and become more smooth, and/or will the new cam bolt and alignment fix the problem?

jurgs2007
03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
i would say the allignment is probably your problem.. one or both of your frint tires may be off enough to make it wobble, causing the vibrations.

FastlaneV6GT
03-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Got it figured out. First off, they are performance struts compared to the OEM ones, so they're gonna be a little stiffer. Plus they need time to "break themselves in", which I have noticed already. Also, my tires are a little off in their treadwear, so that's part of the problem as well. I took it back and got it realigned and the alignment problem is fixed...just not as smooth as it could be until I get new tires. Thanks guys!