MAF question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : MAF question

TFA
04-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Ok, so Ive searched around a little without much luck. Im looking to replace my MAF, ive cleaned the hell out of it but my car is still idling rough and just doest feel right. Ive narrowed it down to the MAF and I think its just time to replace it, seeing as Im sooner or later going to replace everything from the filter to the manis. Im under the impression that I can replace it with any LS1 MAF, is that correct? Thank you, KM

PS: I realize this is a stupid NOOB question, but I just want to be clear before I start spending money.

KhellendrosxS
04-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Yes, you can replace it with an LS1 MAF but you have to reprogram the tables in the PCM. Unless you plan on boosting it there is no reason to upgrade to the LS1 though.

TFA
04-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Yes, you can replace it with an LS1 MAF but you have to reprogram the tables in the PCM. Unless you plan on boosting it there is no reason to upgrade to the LS1 though.

copy. thank you :applause:

KhellendrosxS
04-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Glad I could help!

TFA
04-02-2008, 06:25 PM
are the sensors plug-and-play, or will I need to buy an adapter or anything else like that? thanks, KM

KhellendrosxS
04-02-2008, 06:35 PM
You just need a three wire sensor. If you get a 5 wire there is a way you can splice it but the three wire will definitely work.