quick question about a switch. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : quick question about a switch.

himfanzach
04-03-2008, 03:08 AM
Ok ive ben reading through threads on cruise control for an hr. narrowed to down to the switch. My on button comes on set button does nothing not even if i hold both gree light doesnt come on.
so where excatly is this brake switch back of brake or what... id go look but have a bad back and will have gf do it.. hahaha :(
what tools needed to take off and so on.

thanks in advance
zach

oh and the cable is tight and everything is plugged into module

AleroME
04-03-2008, 04:36 AM
Zach.. cruise control comes on at over 30 or 35mph i believe.. Something like that. Or i might be over 20mph. what speed were u at when u were testing it?

Txt me if u still got my number.

Richie

himfanzach
04-03-2008, 02:18 PM
i think its 30 but it hasnt worken in a while just kinda missing it. usually do it at like 60 or on side streets at 40 when popos are behind me.
and i got a new phone and number and couldnt get urs out of old phone i pmd u the other day on the forbiddion site

Vash6563
04-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Cruise control comes on at 25 (at least the manual thinks so). And I think if your abs or traction system is broken then cruise control won't work? I dunno what makes me think that.... But I know it will kick the cruise contol off if you start spinning in a puddle. Also, what about fuses?

himfanzach
04-03-2008, 09:51 PM
abd and traction works perfectly!
And all fuses are good.

Lab Rat
04-04-2008, 06:46 AM
There are 2 switches at the brake pedal. 1 for the brake lights and 1 for the CC. You do NOT need any tools to adjust either. They "click" in place. I was out of adjustment once and that fixed the problem. May be something else but the look there first.

JoeB
04-10-2008, 02:25 PM
himfanzach did you determine what was wrong with your cruise? mine hasn't worked since i bought my car a year ago, and all of my switches tested out fine. if your problem wasn't in your brake switch and you figured it out, please help me out!

himfanzach
04-10-2008, 03:11 PM
still have no clue i goto take switch out and get a bew one