technical monsoon question sortof [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : technical monsoon question sortof

firehawk915
04-03-2008, 02:47 PM
I want to keep the stock stereo I am not really interested in buying a new head unit replacing all of the speakers etc... but I was wondering if I could replace the stock monsoon headunit from my 2001 with the monsoon from a 2003-5 as these have the aux button which will allow me to add the sir-gm1 sirius adapter. Does anyone know if this will work. If so I believe that the speakers are the same they just updated the design which i already have the new 6x9's that aren't supposed to blow as easily but would I also need to change out the monsoon amp. If this would work I would be willing to pick one up at a salvage yard or ebay or where ever my display is fading anyway
thanks,

firehawk915
04-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Did a bunch of research and it looks like the monsoons are all class 2 so it should work with the sirius adapter It just may not be supported and there may need to be some pinout changes on the wiring harness like on my wife's equinox. I am going to just but replacement lights for the display and not worry about replacing the stereo.
Thanks to anyone who may have looked into this