GT or SE? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : GT or SE?

tonySE1
04-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I just bought an SE.... haven't made the first payment yet. I have this opportunity where I could "Swap" in my SE for a GT. Bad side? More payments, increased insurance, and it might cause a hassle to actually get it all to happen.

Why I want to do this? Engine... engine.... engine.... I have a 4cyl, but I really want the V6. The GT's look better too with their bumpers and sides, all that junk.

Basically.... is it worth it? I'm going to mod my engine to make it faster and have increased hp and all that stuff.. but is the GT that much better than the SE? I have every option on my car besides ABS and the V6 that the GT has.

DrFabulous
04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
So all you want is the V6? Get a se w/ the V6

Depends what you mean by "worth it". Many of us have had SE's and loved them. Personally, I kept mine because of the color.

tonySE1
04-03-2008, 09:34 PM
The thing that I hate about giving up my SE is the color too. It's silver, which I think is the best GA color, the GT I would be getting would be black. Right now it's a choice between the SE and GT, no SE w/ V6. The main reason I have backing me up right now on this deal would be that they are the same price, so the GT has more miles on it. I'd probably not feel this way if I got a silver GT conversion on my car, but I still want that extra power, haha. I'd like to be able to take my car to the track and maybe be able to win a couple races. (Of course I'd mod it first)

onesexyga
04-03-2008, 09:41 PM
first off- black > silver. Second, I'm sure you're se has abs. The SE and GT's aren't just a matter of a different engine. They're quite different cars. I get in my sister's se and feel like im driving a cavalier. The GT has a better suspension, and goodies like a leather wrapped wheel. It may not seem like a big deal, but compare grabbing a cheap pieces of plastic to a leather wrapped wheel, and you'll notice it. Granted you can get a kit for that, but my point is, it's all the little things that make the GT a lot more car.

DrFabulous
04-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I think overall a GT>SE.

notsoaveragej0e
04-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Buy Sik's car. It's basically free at this point.

Bryan
04-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I think overall a GT>SE.

werd

If you're financially capable of the payments and everything, I say go for it.

tonySE1
04-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Well this GT they had they claimed was for sale and now it's not. I have to go anyway because they have yet to touch up some stuff they said they would when I bought it. They will no doubt ask me how I like the car and I will tell them that I am dissatisfied... then bring up how I think it may have been T-Boned... I feel cheated that the GT is still there and now at a cheaper price... how it's my dream car and that's all I really wanted and that I could probably never be truly happy with my SE, etc. etc... This dealership has sold a car to my mom, myself, and potentially my grandma now... all the same salesmen... I don't think he will want to risk anything. Hopefully I still can put leverage that I haven't made any payments or anything yet. I'm going tomorrow afternoon after cleaning it up all nice, detailing inside and putting my stockers back on... and we'll see what happens... Hell.. maybe next week I'll have that GT I always wanted.

cardude007617
04-03-2008, 10:55 PM
so why not just get the GT in the first place.....
best of luck tho

DrFabulous
04-03-2008, 10:59 PM
If you can't get it there, hold out, you'll find another. There's millions of them.

kuchy09
04-04-2008, 11:20 AM
isn't se body weight lighter than gt??

Graxall
04-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Ide say stick with a SE. The money you save in payments, put towards a GT conversion. It will look exactly the same and get better gas mileage. If i could go back ide do that. + SE comes in some cooool colors. altho u already have the silver.

Ajaxus
04-04-2008, 11:44 AM
isn't se body weight lighter than gt??

Yes, but I think the difference is fairly minimal. You can search to find the answer on here. I think it's less than 50lbs..could be wrong tho.

Rich
04-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Ide say stick with a SE. The money you save in payments, put towards a GT conversion. It will look exactly the same and get better gas mileage. If i could go back ide do that. + SE comes in some cooool colors. altho u already have the silver.

honestly, the gas mileage thing is a non-issue. most people on here with the 4 cylinder see equal or worse MPG than the V6.

do whatever is more financially feasible for you.

RC360
04-04-2008, 01:26 PM
honestly, the gas mileage thing is a non-issue. most people on here with the 4 cylinder see equal or worse MPG than the V6.

I was gonna go with a GT instead of an SE as well to start but i figured that the money i was gonna save in payment's and insurance i would put that aside and customize the car the way i want, when i got enough money saved up i got a nice set of rim's, installed a decent sound system etc..etc...plus wtv money you save and put aside you dont pay any interest so there for saving you even more money:D The MPG for the SE V6 im not complaining im getting about 34-35 MPG mixed driving, witch is pretty good for a V6

Graxall
04-04-2008, 01:51 PM

Most people on here drive their 4cylinder like they wish it was a 6....

tonySE1
04-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Like me... haha

I paid $11,300 for my SE, which I actually got down from $12,900. This GT is currently listed at $10,990. When I bought the SE, this black GT was at $16,990, which I could no way afford, and the white GT I was looking at was apparently sold, so I was "stuck" with the SE. Both are now on the lot, with the white one at $9,990 and the black on eat $10,990.

Black GT: ($10,990)

http://www.justfamilycars.com/~basilchevybuick/4C125280-1sm.jpg

White GT: ($9,990)

http://www.justfamilycars.com/~basilchevybuick/4C120656-1sm.jpg

stewartfn18
04-04-2008, 04:20 PM
depends on miles, but i ay white > black.

Rich
04-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Most people on here drive their 4cylinder like they wish it was a 6....

meh, i dont and see less than stellar MPG with the bricks on or not.

yeah, post the mileage. therell have to be some pretty low miles for those prices.

tonySE1
04-05-2008, 12:24 AM
White is 38 and black is 36k. Mine currently has like 27k.

Rich
04-05-2008, 12:29 AM
ehhhhh. years? did you check kbb.com?

tonySE1
04-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Those are the mileages...

KBB for my car is about $11k, probably because of the really low miles. I'd be willing to have 36k miles on my car instead of 26k miles to have a GT.

Prices are good.

PhantomLover007
04-05-2008, 03:24 AM
I had never thought about getting an SE. All that had been in my mind was GT after the first time I test drove one. I do admit that the SE's had some nicer color choices.

stewartfn18
04-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Well in my opinion, id go with the white one for the fact that its a grand cheaper, only 2 thousand more miles, and the color like i said before.

Mike Jung
04-05-2008, 05:15 PM
The MPG for the SE V6 im not complaining im getting about 34-35 MPG mixed driving, witch is pretty good for a V6
:wtf are you talking about ?

I only got 36 miles per US Gallon driving back from Chicago, IL to Detroit, MI.
Using cruise control on the highway in the right lane.
& only got 33 mp(US)g driving from Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL.

Mine was rated at:
20 city & 30 highway miles per US Gallon

24 city & 36 highway miles per Imperial Gallon

EDIT: My new EPA mpg rating is:
18 mp(US)g city & 26 mp(US)g highway
Source: http://www.fueleconomy.gov

Rich
04-05-2008, 07:14 PM

KBB for my car is about $11k, probably because of the really low miles. I'd be willing to have 36k miles on my car instead of 26k miles to have a GT.

Prices are good.

i know those are the mileages. i was wondering what years they were. and did you check those other cars with kbb?

Midnight GA
04-05-2008, 08:38 PM
I just replaced a Silver 99 V6 SE with a Black 2003 GT. I thought the silver was the best color they made too, until I got the black one. Now that I have it, I like the black much better. I also like the stock GT body kit now much better then the SE. Both cars were immaculate and drove and ran perfectly but the GT is definitley more fun to drive. It handles better and is definitley a little bit faster then my SE was, and the SE was a V6. If you could get it, I would go with the GT.

notsoaveragej0e
04-05-2008, 08:56 PM

Prices are good.

Only a high person would pay 11grand for the car... if you knew what the dealership originally offered me for the Monte, with only 4000 miles on it, you'd laugh. I did.

tonySE1
04-05-2008, 09:31 PM
They are all 2004's. All the cars in are in mint condition, and market value for all of them is fair price. I went around numerous dealerships, had my gf's dad call up a friend who works at a dealership and he said that $11k was avg value for my car. Better than the original $13k they wanted.

notsoaveragej0e
04-05-2008, 09:38 PM
They are all 2004's. All the cars in are in mint condition, and market value for all of them is fair price. I went around numerous dealerships, had my gf's dad call up a friend who works at a dealership and he said that $11k was avg value for my car. Better than the original $13k they wanted.

is that with the trade in, or what?

tonySE1
04-05-2008, 09:50 PM
That's before trade in, down, all that ****.

RC360
06-19-2008, 09:22 AM
:wtf are you talking about ?

I was refering to Canadian Gallons witch are diffrent.

gtdreams
06-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Get the GT,i had bought a 2004 SE in 2005,always wishing it was a GT.I kept it a year and traded it in for my 03 GT.Of course i lost ALOT of money from that trade ,plus higher payments but at least i love what i drive.I have no regrets about it.Depends on your money situation,if it is gonna make you real tight for cash,forget it.Like i said ,i dont regret my trade in but cash is pretty tight for me now,i am a credit freak with little control.lol.I am getting better at managing my bills though...slowly.

DrFabulous
06-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Thats a little high priced for such a common car