My friends 94 Z24 Cavalier problems. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : My friends 94 Z24 Cavalier problems.

williamGT
04-05-2008, 02:36 AM
My friends just bought a 1994 Cavalier Z24 for 1000.00, It has the 3.1L MPFI.
So we boosted it with jumper cables, car srats fine (car was parked for 1 year)
So the car starts and runs. When we unhooked the cables it died, dead battery we said, so the next day he bought a new battery and the car ran good for 3 hours and died, It needed a boost again. So new we just put a new alternator in it and boosted it, ran fine for 20min's and died again. So now what.
His rad was hot but UIM. We boosted it again and drove around for 30min's and died again. Opened up the hood and the car was smoking abit, the rad was hot but UIM cold. So I got it running again and drove it to his house.

Any suggestions?
His car leaks oil only at the front crank seal, and the rest is spot less, 2nd motor with 125,000KM's

timberwoof
04-05-2008, 04:58 AM
You said it ran for about 20 - 30 minutes then died. When you use the jumper cables does it start up immediately or just crank, crank, crank, start. If that is the case, check the fuel lines, filter and possibly the pump. May not be getting fuel.

Make sure the oil is circulating. Sometimes when a car sit for a long time, the oil will start gumming up thing and clog the oil pump.

You always have to check things over and start replace fluids if a car sits for a long period of time.

williamGT
04-05-2008, 12:37 PM
You said it ran for about 20 - 30 minutes then died. When you use the jumper cables does it start up immediately or just crank, crank, crank, start. If that is the case, check the fuel lines, filter and possibly the pump. May not be getting fuel.

Make sure the oil is circulating. Sometimes when a car sit for a long time, the oil will start gumming up thing and clog the oil pump.

You always have to check things over and start replace fluids if a car sits for a long period of time.
When I boosted it again It starts up fine one crank.