Let me repeat this about my brakes... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Let me repeat this about my brakes...

Dirtball
04-06-2008, 07:32 PM
My ABS, SERVICE VEHICLE SOON, and Trac Off lights are on on my vehicle. When Icejerk showed his backside to me last week

you are looking at... reading the damn sticky !!

and closed the thread, he apparently wasn't bright enough to know the difference between his precious sticky that has, in the title,

Sticky: SES Lights ... in General ( 1 2)
iceman

which deals with Service ENGINE Soon lights... why would I read a sticky on service engine soon lights when I have a SERVICE VEHICLE SOON light on?

I have NO... ZERO... NOT ANY... codes stored on my computer. This is an ABS problem, and I need to know if anyone else on here has had a comparable deal if they may be allowed the time to respond this time.

Some of you may be rich enough to run your vehicle down to the dealer everytime something happens to it, but I'm not... which is why I came on here to begin with to ask a simple question. I'd be appreciative of anyone who can point me in some direction as to what would make my ABS light come on... unless I get banned or this gets deleted because I had the audacity to stand up for myself on here... I guess I'll see if folks are thin or thick skinned, lol.

Thank you for the time...

Tonyyank
04-06-2008, 07:40 PM
please search

iceman
04-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey tough guy.. how about you spend the 3 seconds to look at ALL of the stickies, or search, and pick the right one next time ?? There's more knowledge on these forums then you would ever need, if you take the time like all those before you and READ.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42959

Tonyyank
04-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Icejerk!

Ajaxus
04-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Uh, we have thick skin here..which is why we don't overreact..

We also know about the little green link that says "search" because this website is a database FULL of useful information.

Icejerk!

lol, I couldn't stop laughing at that part..haha

lone_wolf025
04-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Aww does that mean I can't yell at the newb for being such a newb?

Dirtball
04-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I did a search for abs LIGHT... no "S"... since there is only one on my dash. If I had added the "S" to light, I now realize, it would have been a more fruitful search. However, I DID search, and what I came up with did no good. Thank you for the new info, I'll try to put it to use and save a few $$.

Overreacting? I waited almost a week to repost... I did not then and do not now appreciate how I was treated at that time. No one would have. If the info in the sticky had been valid to my question I would have cried "Uncle", read it, and gone on. All I got was a flippant response.

I'll do one thing, and mean it, that Iceman won't, though... I'll apologize...

Ajaxus
04-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Just curious, but why should he have to apologize for pointing you in the right direction twice, while you continue to insult him? I don't get the logic.

A tip for running fruitful searches for the future. You need to change your mode of thinking when coming up with the search terms. Think of how someone else would have asked a question or explained an answer and choose terms pertaining to that.

And keep in mind that this site is not anything new, as I said previously it is a database full of useful information. These cars have been out for quite a long time already and it is VERY rare that someone has an issue that others have never had before. That's why this site is slowing down, people are finding out that their car issues are nothing new and that the answers are all available if they take the time out to look for them.

Dirtball
04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
I had dropped this from my point of view and was not going to speak on it further... but, since you asked:

I am a member of several forums, two of which I have four digit numbers of posts on. I am one of the ones on those two forums who has the knowledge that some of you guys do on here. When a "newbie" asks the same question for the hundredth time there are two ways to respond. Nice, and not nice; or, perhaps better stated, patient and umpatient/flippant. It takes no more effort to say "Hey, we're glad you're here, but you might want to search this topic in the future" than it does to say "you are looking at... reading the damn sticky !!" You know, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." I have wanted to be flippant on numerous occasions on my more regular forums, but I know that those folks are just as worried about their rides as I have been about mine for the last few days, and that when you're in somewhat of a panic you don't always think EVERYTHING through. I would think someone who had been given some authority would also be someone who would take the thoughts of others into consideration. Maybe I expect too much. After all, I grew up in a different era than most of the posters I've seen on here (which makes me no better or worse, only different).

That being said, I apologized saying "Icejerk"; though I was mad, it was ultimately uncalled for and I could have handled it differently. Perhaps it's the same hope I had for Iceman, though I knew it wouldn't happen.

Please note, also, that I most benevolently thanked him for turning me in the right direction; I miss, even rereading my posts, where I "continue to insult him." If I do or have then, again, I apologize.

Forgive me for thinking that things could have been handled in a better manner to begin with.

I'll not speak or reply to this again...

Ajaxus
04-07-2008, 12:59 PM
This will be my final post as well..

Your final shot at Iceman was saying that he won't apologize while in the same sentence stating that you would. You were indirectly implying that you were the better man than he was because you were willing to step up and apologize. It should be noted that he didn't need to apologize for anything.

Maybe he copped a bit of an attitude the first time around, but it gets tiring around here when people ask questions that have been answered. When they claim to have searched and found nothing then we turn around and run the same search and have numerous helpful results in literal seconds.

If you are as active as you claim to be on those other sites, then I find myself surprised at your attitude here as well as your inability to find the right sticky. Neither matches up.

Like I said, this is my last post as well on this matter. Also, thick skin is a must on this site..we never let up even with each other. So you aren't out of the woods yet.. ;)

Molson
04-07-2008, 01:10 PM
lets go ride bikes