Windshield wipers at high speeds [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Windshield wipers at high speeds

FuriousG
04-09-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm guessing this is a shot in the dark but, I've noticed that my windshield wipers tend to lift off of the window when I'm traveling at high speeds. Is there any sort of adjustment or special type of wiper blade that will cause my wipers to stay on the windshield when traveling over 90mph? I know that the Audi's, BMW's and Mercedes don't seem to have any problems with this since they constantly go flying past me in the rain so I'm hoping there's some way to adjust the pressure of the blades on the window. Does anyone know of any methods or products that will help keep my windshield clear at high speeds?

AznGA
04-09-2008, 03:13 PM
I was gonna say, it's a bad idea to go above 90 MPH, but you are in Germany so that's understandable.

I doubt there is anything you can do....obviously our cars are not built as good as those Germans.

You could try more expensive wiper blades?

timka86
04-09-2008, 03:33 PM
there's springs that hold the wipre blades down (down by where they actually rotate), you might wanna see about finding stiffer ones, or see about shortening the ones you have to get more tension out of them.