SES light flashing bad sputtering [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SES light flashing bad sputtering

Mendoza
04-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Well my GA finally is having some serious problems. Last week I noticed the car was hesitating at idle. Not all the time just on some start ups. I figured bad plugs they haven’t been changed in a long time. I had a extra set up ngk coppers laying around so i gapped them to .060 and installed. The car ran great yes no more problems.. Except about 30mins ago i decided to head over to a friends house when half way down the road the SES started flashing. The car was running real ruff. Sounded like it was missing on more then 2 cylinders but i have no idea yet since i don't have any tools here at my apartment. Anyone have any input or the same experience? Is there a way for a 3.4 to jump timing? Plugs and wires seem fine i didn't get a chance to pull them yet. The wires are msd i installed those months ago. I have a horrible cold but i smell what seems to be eggs? So that makes me think the cat. I'm pissed it's like the worst day ever please help thanks!

rustyballs_69
04-12-2008, 02:21 PM
I would go get it scanned to see what codes you get. Sounds like you said, the cat.

XtremeGaGt00
04-12-2008, 03:06 PM
when the s.e.s light flashes..its catalytic converter damaging meaning your not gettin spark on a cyl/cylinders or a injector is leaking ...find out what cyl is causing the prob with a scanner or somthing and go from there

Mendoza
04-12-2008, 04:33 PM
I think the headgasket blew i found coolant in the motor and on the transmission. I'm going to take a closer look at it tomorrow.

RedSE2NV
04-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Head gasket...... that would suck